checko

Pat McNamara 2 day pistol class Princeton NJ

Just poking around looking for some training classes and I stumbled upon this one right here in central NJ.  Pat looks pretty intense but from what I hear he's the real deal.  From what I read in the info this class IS open to the public.  I will be strongly considering this.  

http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara2-daytapspistol-nov14-152013-princetonnj.aspx

Pat McNamara 2-Day T.A.P.S. Pistol - May 24-25, 2014 - Princeton, New Jersey

Tactical Application of Practical Shooting (TAPS) - Pistol 

Course Overview:

Tactical shooting requires agile and adaptive thinkers able to handle the challenges of full spectrum operations in an era of persistent conflict. To meet this requirement, TAPS delivers a comprehensive, systematic, progressive Train-the-Trainer shooting program focused on fundamental mastery and built for Law Enforcement officers, military personal, and qualified civilians. Designed for leaders and trainers, the TAPS course also applies to the patrol-level officer, basic level Soldiers, and civilian self & home defense minded shooters. The approach to instruction is through coaching and mentorship and both demonstrates and transfers a training method that is safe, effective, combat relevant, and encourages a continuous thought process that demands accountability. 

Training is conducted on the range and focuses on advanced refinement of the basic fundamentals of marksmanship as applied to the primary and secondary weapons systems. Utilizing a building block learning model, TAPS combines the pressures and dynamics of competitive shooting and tactical application. While course of instruction is on the firing range, the TAPS training approach also translates into training venues outside the range. 

Course Outline:

The 2-day course offering provides the following training and instruction: - Lecture on proper weapons handling and safety - Refresh the fundamentals and grouping exercises - Conduct a diagnostic course of fire - Conduct a discussion on the importance of performing a focal shift during training and avoiding mundane drills that do not encourage a thought process - Other topics covered and practiced are; grouping exercises with both primary and secondary weapon systems, target discrimination, use of barricades, movement, close quarter battle techniques, immediate action drills, ballistics 101, transitions, magazine changes - Escalation of training and intensity will vary depending on number of students and their skill level though the core of the course will always remain the same - This course is marksmanship intensive. 

Instructor: Patrick McNamara (AKA - "Mac")

Class dates: May 24-25, 2014

Franklin Township Police Range
4397 Rt. 27
Princeton, NJ 08540

**This is an open enrollment class so any qualified student can sign up. You do not have to be Law Enforcement or Military**

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements: 
- Serviceable duty grade handgun
- Minimum of 3 pistol magazines 
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches 
- Eye and ear protection 
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies 
- Good attitude

Ammo Requirements:- 1000 rounds Max / 400 Min

Pat is an awesome dude. Very intense. Bring your A game and prepare to let it all hangout on front of everyone.

I am looking seriously at attending this myself.

ETA: Joe mentioned his class in Bethlehem at the S&T Carbine class in September.

Edited by High Exposure

I'd consider going if:

- I had the rounds.

- I had the money to drop.

- I didn't suck.

Princeton is pretty much right around the corner, too. Maybe next time.

You should look at going to a carbine class with us this year.  There seems to be several planned. 

I'm interested in this class as well. I've done UP1-3 and Low/No Light 1 with GFH last year when Sente and McAloon were the instructors.

This looks like a great opportunity close to home.

I'm also curious if this is an indoor or outdoor range. Can't seem to find much info on Google.

Pat is an awesome dude. Very intense. Bring your A game and prepare to let it all hangout on front of everyone.

I am looking seriously at attending this myself.

ETA: Joe mentioned his class in Bethlehem at the S&T Carbine class in September.

I'll echo what HE said.  I took a 2 day rifle / pistol class with him last year at the same location.  Very intense, and you have to show up with your A game and then some.  You'll shoot a good amount of drills that allow for a lot of self / peer assessment during the class.  Also, make sure you and your kit are squared away, don't be "That Guy".

The range is outdoors with no facilities or food close by.  Its best to pack your lunch a bring plenty of fluids to hydrate with.  The closest bathroom is the woods, or the port-a-potty in the doggy park across RT 27.

That sounds like the CRRC range...but the original post said it was on HWY 27.

I thought I read that it was at CRRC range but after reading again I don't see that. So now I'm not so sure that's where it is. Anyone going please make a call or something and confirm where to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be the short,semi ugly guy with the round glasses and a gotee. Please say hi. See you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw your post. I was there, that was a great class indeed. Definitely worth the time and effort. I like the free reign that Pat gave us on day two. Must of burned at least 500 rounds today having fun doing the tactical drills.

Which guy were you?