RS1200XL

USPSA @ OBRPC 11/24/13

OK, there are a few missing scores. I will verify that there are no scores on people that did NOT shoot the match. Important! Make SURE Youre Name is the one scored!. Verify the score, You the Shooter, hit Save, THEN look at the screen, it will have a time and HF OR it will say Incomplete. Just going to the review screen does NOT save your score, MAKE SURE!.

I will look though the nooks for misscored persons.

I have also re-synced the nooks tonight. There were a couple scores that apparently did not sync properly the frst time. Probably 'Operator Error' so a revised posting will be made. likely NOT until Wednesday. SO in the mean time ignore the scores that are posted. They are wrong.

ALSO, just another little item.  We ask everyone, Please note any DQs on the Squad Sheets as well as telling the MDs. List the Reason next to the shooters name. Also anyone that leaves early, We need this information.

Thank You!

Thats was pretty crazy, do the beginners have to do that?

Yes, they do, but don't let that scare you off. You have to understand that 2Alpha is a top tier shooter and often wins these local club shoots and is competitive in the larger sanctioned matches. The competition is structured so that you compete against those of a skill level similar to yours.

As a beginner, you go at your own pace. Strive for smoothness and accuracy and speed will come (at least that's what they tell me - couldn't prove it by the way I shoot). Read the stickys.

Just be safe and have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

well. Thats the plan.

You go at your own speed and comfort level. But stages are timed and the idea is to be fast and accurate and yeild the highest hit factor you can

So thats where I go wrong..

I am either fast OR accurate, but not both at the same time.

OK, that looks like a real blast. I want to get involved.

What's the best way to go about getting into it?

I have the guns ... need holsters, mag carriers and a belt though. Bladetech stuff gtg? What other gear is required/recommended?

Beyond the gear, what's next?

OK, that looks like a real blast. I want to get involved.

What's the best way to go about getting into it?

I have the guns ... need holsters, mag carriers and a belt though. Bladetech stuff gtg? What other gear is required/recommended?

Beyond the gear, what's next?

OBRPC & CJRPC run matches once a month you can attend, OBRPC runs an indoor match which is a little more laid back and simple which might be good for the uber green.

Dec. - Feb are weird months to get involved, I know there is no december match at obrpc, I dont think there are ones for dec and jan at CJRPC ( vlad will confirm ) - plus - it's so friggin cold out !

You'll need to figure out what division you'd like to play in, This will depend on your what gun you have, and what kind of gear you'd like to run. There are a couple good stickys in this fourm section you should read through, but typically ( assuming you'd run production division ) Gun - Blade tech holster, 4 - 5 magazines and assosiated pouches. 

But other then owning a gun and the equipment, please be familiar with your firearm on how it works, manipulating it,  safely clearing malfunctions, and navigating a run and gun course without breaking any safety violations. 

I believe there is an indoor event at Old Bridge Friday December 6th and I would strongly suggest you consider that match.  It's very low key and with much simpler stage designs and lower round count.  You've get a lot of up close observation and personal attention.  I shot my first USPSA event indoors and it made a big difference in my acclimation to the sport.

You may even be allowed to shoot from low ready if you don't have a holster.

No match announcement yet, but there should be a USPSA match at Shongum (Hackettstown) on Saturday 12/7. Ron usually sends out the notice for pre-registration about a week in advance. Decent match for beginners and experienced alike. 5 stages with some run & gun, usually one standard and some steel. Good crowd.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

To any and all.

My computer got hit with a very bad virus two weeks ago. I had essentially to reformat the HD and reload all programs and data. I have the basic information from the matches, but I am currently unable to load EzWinScore to process the info. I have requested an updated disc from HQ and will get the classifiers posted to USPSA as soon as I am fully back up and running.

Jim