Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Anyone ever break a front sight?

I pulled an ar out of the safe tonight to put a new optic on it and when I looked down it realized the front sight was bent way to the right. It has a fixed front sight post so it is protected on 2 sides. I have absolutely no idea how it could have happened. Last time it was out was at a wounded warrior shoot at cj so it must have happened there.

In my infinite wisdom I tried to bend it back with a pair of pliers and snapped the post right off.

Looks like an easy fix and the replacement post is like $12.

Anyone ever had this happen? And since its getting replaced recommendations on what post to replace it with?

I hate to dirty this up, but it sounds like somebody either boogered with it in a really retarded way or somebody did it on purpose.

That doesn't happen by accident.

And, no, I've never heard of it happening. But I did have somebody fuck with my sights once, decades ago.

I hate to dirty this up, but it sounds like somebody either boogered with it in a really retarded way or somebody did it on purpose.That doesn't happen by accident.And, no, I've never heard of it happening. But I did have somebody fugg with my sights once, decades ago.

I will say the last time the rifle was out of the safe was a charity shoot where I brought a lot of rifles and there were other RO's in charge of my rifles.

That being said it was an event for wounded vets so I would hate to think someone did this on purpose.

Its an easy fix so Im not gona dwell on it either way.