ZOMBIE

New Glock 42

The funny thing about the .380 is that I remember thinking when I first got my first gun, a Gen 3 Glock 23 in .40 S&W... how much I'd want a .380 Glock most likely because we could not have one, now I haven't much use for one nor .380 as I agree, why bother when you could just use 9mm right?

I remember being able to punk a kid years back who was pretending to have been a high ranking Gangsta who of course "carries a gun everywhere in the world" except the moment I was talking to him... and he had, of course, a ".380 Glock. "  I tried to be nice and say, You sure it's a .380 Glock?  " *#*ing Right, Glock .380!!!"

He did not like the fact I knew the fact Glock did not have .380s in the United States due to the importation laws.  However the others among us absolutely loved it.  something along the lines of "you got served, Wanksta" was spoken but not me.

Just curious but as many people that want the "single stack 9mm " micro-sized, why not in .40?  I would want a single stack micro .40 before a 9 if it was possible/ physics-wise feasible.

The funny thing about the .380 is that I remember thinking when I first got my first gun, a Gen 3 Glock 23 in .40 S&W... how much I'd want a .380 Glock most likely because we could not have one, now I haven't much use for one nor .380 as I agree, why bother when you could just use 9mm right?

I remember being able to punk a kid years back who was pretending to have been a high ranking Gangsta who of course "carries a gun everywhere in the world" except the moment I was talking to him... and he had, of course, a ".380 Glock. " I tried to be nice and say, You sure it's a .380 Glock? " *#*ing Right, Glock .380!!!"

He did not like the fact I knew the fact Glock did not have .380s in the United States due to the importation laws. However the others among us absolutely loved it. something along the lines of "you got served, Wanksta" was spoken but not me.

Just curious but as many people that want the "single stack 9mm " micro-sized, why not in .40? I would want a single stack micro .40 before a 9 if it was possible/ physics-wise feasible.

Justa FYI they've had .380 glocks in the states for years!

Could you show me some?  Last I checked they were banned from importation due not passing import law...

As I understand it, Glock produces the .380 line for countries that will not allow civilians to own weapons chambered in "military calibers" like a lot of Central/South American nations, and .380 is not regarded as a military caliber so it is sold in those nations.

Anyway thanks I'd be interested to see these in the USA.

If BLF doesn't own it, it doesn't exist. Period. 

I really don't understand the hype with .380. I really want a Colt Mustang, but the .380 is stopping me.

normally it is built on a TINY gun... and there are some instances where it is really impractical to carry a gun.. but having something is better than nothing....

so the small light tiny 380 comes in... I carry a Glock 27... and it is fine %80 of the time.. but there are some instances where it is really crossing the line of impractical.. instances where the likelihood of needing a gun are incredibly low..and carrying a gun is a pain in the ass... I would be interested in a tiny framed 380 Glock for those instances.. but only if it is significantly smaller than the G27

Vlad you basically hit it on the head.  I am a .40 S&W user as it is kind of the "family" caliber... My father's former department was one of the first adopters of Glock 9mms but then only a few years (2-3) later they replaced their new-at-the-time Glock 19s with .40 Glock 23s.  I grew up with .40 cal and was what I shot the most as a teenager up.

I can't carry here but when I move to FL I fully intend to get a G27 for backup and sometimes primary carry.  I think it's a fine compromise of power/capacity/Glock reliability and interchangeability with the G23/.40 magazines.  A .380 micro Glock would be nice *if* it was something special we have not seen. *THE CURRENT Glock .380s , WHICH are not in fact available in the USA* (Unless you order them as a LEO purchase), are built on regular frames.  The "baby" .380 is the exact same size as the baby 9 etc.  Absolutely no gain but plenty of loss when you consider the round .380 vs the round 9mm.

Maybe this yet-to-be-released Glock (if in .380)  will be a special adaptation that is very desirable; that would be great.  The current version leaves PLENTY to be desired.

is this proven yet?

Yes. Single stack .380. The thing is, its not a pocket 380 like the LCP. Its basically the same dimensions as the LC9 and the Nano. See where this is going? Ill bet it will be offered in 9mm in the near future.

Edit: Im starting to think this picture is a decoy picture released by Glock to fool us. Not a fake in dimensions, but a fake in caliber. I wondering if it will debut at the January shot show in 9mm. Unless they plan on releasing it as a 9mm and 380 at the same time, but were just that much better at keeping the 9mm a secret.

post-2927-0-78715300-1387980821_thumb.jpg

Oh look.  the guy who said I was wrong wasn't right.  But me who was supposed to be wrong in fact was right.  It's almost the same, except different.

Thanks very much for the link og!

Oh look. the guy who said I was wrong wasn't right. But me who was supposed to be wrong in fact was right. It's almost the same, except different.

Apparently you didn't read griz thread but then again reading your giant ignorant nothingness posts about firearms proves your stupidity and I don't need to dwell further into your slippery trap! Thanks for your great knowledge though haha

Oh look. the guy who said I was wrong wasn't right. But me who was supposed to be wrong in fact was right. It's almost the same, except different.

Scrap, stop. You are showing your ass. You are incorrect. 100%, without question, wrong.

The .380 Glocks have been around in the US for a quite a while as LE Only guns. They are hard to get and not common but agencies could buy them with just a little trouble if they thought they needed them. The G25 is G19 sized and the G28 is G26 sized. Most agencies don't want to go through the trouble since they are getting the same size and capacity as the 9mm versions only in a vastly inferior caliber - so why bother. Think about it - If I said you could have the exact same gun - same size, shape, capacity, ergonomics, controls - in either 9mm or .380 ACP for a duty/BUG/concealment peice which would you choose?

They are not available to the general public due to import restrictions as the under 9mm cartridge and short barrel does not give them enough points for importation even with the thumb rest and serrated "target" trigger that gets a G19 and G26 (and similar sized guns in calibers greater than 9).

The G42 is an entirely new model and will be different.

hmmm... maybe I'll get rid of my slightly smaller, slightly thinner, slightly shorter and weighs just the same PM9 for a Glock in 380.

I'll pass. I wish this was a single stack 9 and that would be awesome. Hell even if Glock came out with a .380 the size of my BG380 that would be cool.

Yes. Crap

It's a .380. Pictured next to a Glock 26.

I still find it pretty exciting that Glock has a new single stack frame. I am sure it will be available in 9mm/40 shortly.

t8ki1k.jpg

15qt669.jpg

2zh05n4.jpg

Where did you get the pics?  Wow that is much smaller than the 26.  I'd definitely want that in a 9 if they make one.  Is it

too tall of an order to ask for it in OD Green?  :)

Here's the issue I have with them building the .380 before the 9mm - if they ever even get to it... They are going to run into the same issues as they did when developing the G17 into the G22. Instead of designing a 9mm from the ground up they are going to force a gun designed for the smaller .380ACP cartridge and jam the internals for a 9mm in it, taking a gun designed for a smaller and less powerful round and making it fire a dimensionally larger and more powerful round. They should have started with the 9mm and worked backwards to the smaller .380ACP. I like Glocks, I carry Glocks almost exclusively but sometimes I don't understand Glock. "Perfection" my rear....