blizzzarddemon

Range near toms river

I thought I was going to be near philly but looks like I might end up near toms river next year looking for a range that is not super expensive I belong to EFGA till 2016 I don't know what hours I will be working so a range that does not require going to meetings and what not would be best

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't know the area down there well I'm moving with my sister who was offered a job with nj epa she will have her masters in environmental engineer water resources in may I was hoping she would stay in pa but she has to go where she gets a job

Shore shot is pistol only I will have rent and a lot of other expenses I would rather find a range I can shoot everything at

Ummm...who told you it was pistol only?  That is my regular range and Ive shot my friend's AR and Hi Point carbine there, as well as watched many a shotgun being shot.

i shoot at Brick Armory..  same basic rules as Shore Shot..  all indoor..  25 yards..  can shoot pistol or rifle (up to i think 30-06) and shotgun (buck or slug only)..   for me, BA is much nicer than Shore Shot.. more room, less busy..   some dont like it as much because there seems to be less supervision on the range than at SS, but many a time, i have been one of only 2 or 3 people there (and i've been there completely by myself a time or 2 as well)..  literally right across the street from Shore Shot in Lakewood..  im personally more comfortable at BA than at SS.. 

for outdoor, Range 14 or CJRPC are whats closest..  CJ is private and Range 14 is open...  (CJ, from what i hear, has probably the best facilities for an outdoor/indoor range in the state, but i have yet to go there)..  CJ is, however, quite expensive for the first year..  $250 + $600 capital fee..  afterward, just $250/year.. 

well i have good and bad news  

Bad news my sister had to turn down the NJ EPA job in Toms River due to they want her to start in January but she still is working on her thesis and wont be done till March and driving to Toms River from her apartment outside Philly is a little over an hour with no traffic.

Good news most likely she will find an Environmental Engineer with masters in water resources job in PA which means i will be moving to free America 

well this all might change the guy from TR just called my sister that interviewed her and asked when she could start so depending on if they move he hire date till after march i might be in the TR area,. dang i wanted to be in PA  i like CJ range but 200 per year is not bad but the 600 up front is a lot i want to find a place i can use my uts15 shotgun with extended barrel so its 26" for trap/ skeet but all i see is ranges saying no pistol grip shotguns or more then 3 round i have 14+1 shotgun i want to have all shells loaded for less reloading and my mossberg 500 will be getting the magpul furniture but is that conisdered a pistol grip as i have read it is a modified pistol grip 

you can break the 600 down 300 at the start and the rest in quartly payments also the price for yearly dues is 300 so you are looking at 600 on join day and then 75 each quater after that. If you have never been have someone guest you in and see how you like it. I think it is one of the best ranges in the state. 300 yd rilfe 200 yd gen purpose 50yd pistol 50 ft indoor 24hr a day access skeet and trap facilites 14 pits for handgun archery range and if you are a hunter you can hunt the range property during general deer season and the Clooiers Mills WMA backs up to it

Indoor pistol is 24 hour. Pistol grip shotty should be ok in the pits with buck or slugs and same goes for pellet rifle in the pits should be NP but I will double check for you. Sorry I just ready post and realized some punctuation would have made it more understandable. I don't think you are going to find a trap skeet that will allow you to load 14 at least not on nj most say you can load as many targets are going to be up at one time.

Sorry about no punctuation I'm on my phone. I know at the shotgun shoots I would load up with 14 but I only went to one because I asked off from work as I work 56 hour weeks right now and only have Mondays and Thursdays off and dang buck and slug are expensive compared to bird shot to buy in bulk