karlkurtz32

IDF Mepro-21

I have a mepro on my ar and I'm very happy with it.

Originally I got the "X" reticle and it did not work well for me. The lines were too thin and my old eyes didn't agree with it. I never took it to the range cause I was not able to see the x

Luckily my gun shop had a bullseye reticle in stock and he exchanged it for me. It made a world of a difference.

Love it, easy to zero, maintains zero, well made, NO BATTERIES.

I did not experience any problems with light transition, dark to light or light to dark.

It is well made in Israel and it is issued with the tavor.

You can't go wrong, but look through it and compare to your other choices.

I shoot at EFGA and Heritage. PM me if you would like to have a hands on experience with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

??

It uses light gathered by a fiber optic during the day and self-powered tritium at night. You can be assured if the IDF use it, it's not a piece of crap.

Disagree about the Izzy crap. Most of the CAA/Mako garbage you see out there is "made in Izzyland" or "used by real Israeli Commandos!" There is very little that the Isreali's do, either TTPs or with equipment, that is as good as they make it seem. Very over hyped. (Except for their enlisted women, they do seem to do that right ;))

Anyway....... if it is anything like the Trijicon Reflex sights from the SOPMOD kit issues in the '90s (which worked on the same principle) it will wash out in a low light environment if using a bright white light to illuminate your threat/target.

Don't fear the batteries. With the right choice (Aimpoint) you can get a 50k-70k battery life. That's 5-7ish years of constant on with the same battery.

I would take what our guys use and the way our guys do it over what the Israeli's use and do any day of the week.