stevenschaffer

private sale from Pa to Nj for ak.

If i have family from PA can they buy a Wasr 10/63. Then Sell it private to me IF I Do all the work to make it NJ legal. Like dremel the bayonet lug, Weld the muzzle Brake, And somehow Google how to pin the 30 Round mag.

My question are..

Is it legal? (when all the work is completed) 

Is there any Special Paper work I need to do so That I can print out.?

Thanks.!

Also if anyone already has a Wasr 10/63 I would buy for around $600.. 

You have to make sure it is not banned by name first. Also all compliancy work must be done in PA, or shipped to an FFL in NJ that will do it. You can not take possesion of it yourself in NJ until the work is done.

Okay Thanks. I know all the laws of what it cant have and  that it cant say Ak-47. By name. 

The LAW says that "Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms" are assault firearms. Some say Saigas and WASRs are just that. Some don't. You decide.

I know.. But as of right now I'm looking to spend $600. 

He has it on sale for under $600 better hurry only 1 available at this price

Centry WASR GP 10/63 (7.62x39) = $591.00  on sale today http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/63704-black-friday-specials/

im pretty sure lacey twp is quite the drive from great meadows. somewhere around 2 hours one way. if your family member can find a deal on one to offset the transfer fee then i say do it. just make sure all the compliance work is done correctly. i could be wrong but, im pretty sure you can use a PA FFL too because it is a long gun. might be cheaper with the transfers but i dont know as ive never done a private transfer out of state.

give jt a call dude. his prices are reasonable, and his service/knowledge are top notch. i've dealt with him a couple times, and you couldn't ask for a nicer guy to deal with.

JT is a good dude. Twice he has called me and explained to me about things I wasn't clear on(legality of flash hider on semi auto weapons w/o a pistol grip and the benifits of difference ways permanentally attaching a muzzle device), even though I've never purchased anything from him or even met him face to face. He won't steer you wrong.  I vote go check out JT's stock and prices also.