rightisright

Aimpoint PRO for $350

Man o Man... i have no optics yet for my first AR... should i get this ? It will be my very first red dot.

This is the best deal for a combat caliber red dot.

If you just want something to take to the range but dont need to trust your life to get the Primary Arms micro dot deal posted in this same forum. Its $60 and is an amazing red dot for the price.

This is the best deal for a combat caliber red dot.

If you just want something to take to the range but dont need to trust your life to get the Primary Arms micro dot deal posted in this same forum. Its $60 and is an amazing red dot for the price.

That statement made sense for a second and then I think about all the reasons I buy a reliable firearm and I'm back to the aim point.

Why would you need to re zero... I have had my pro on and off on a few occasions and didn't notice any change in zero....

Well, we'll find out I guess, I broke down and ordered one. If it doesn't return to zero as I expect it (and I have some stringent standards) I'll have to buy a new mount to go with it at some point. The interwebs tell me that some people say its great at returning to zero and some that it isn't. We'll see.

Well, we'll find out I guess, I broke down and ordered one. If it doesn't return to zero as I expect it (and I have some stringent standards) I'll have to buy a new mount to go with it at some point. The interwebs tell me that some people say its great at returning to zero and some that it isn't. We'll see.

I'm going to guess the standard would be what you are looking at in regards to accuracy... For the most part I am putting multiple shots center mass not bullseye shooting... But shoot tight groups on occasion.... So maybe I just do not notice like someone looking for extreme precision would notice?

Why would you need to re zero... I have had my pro on and off on a few occasions and didn't notice any change in zero....

vladtepes  how is aimpoint shooting with both eyes open?

I'm thiking either Aimpoint Pro or EoTech EXPS2-0 

thanks

Not vladtepes, but I use an Aimpoint Pro on my Stag Arms Model 2, and it works just fine with both eyes open.

I'm certainly no expert, but I zeroed it the best I could with the iron sights, then just set the red dot to coincide with the front sightpost, and voila, I was on target.  I'm not a precision shooter, but I can shoot decent groups with it at 50-100 yards.  Have not tried beyond that.

Both eyes open it what it was designed for.

However, I like the Micro a lot a better because it takes a lot less of my field of view and doesn't use a battery I have no other uses for. I will say that the Pro is probably going to kill the /M3/M4 series in the market place. I don't see a reason to buy those because who really cares about a few extra years of battery life when the Pro has like 3 years to begin with. For the price difference you can put away a LOT of spare batteries.

And just for checko ... Eotech Sucks :)  (specially if you have astigmatism like I do and it is all a giant mess)

Both eyes open it what it was designed for.

However, I like the Micro a lot a better because it takes a lot less of my field of view and doesn't use a battery I have no other uses for. I will say that the Pro is probably going to kill the /M3/M4 series in the market place. I don't see a reason to buy those because who really cares about a few extra years of battery life when the Pro has like 3 years to begin with. For the price difference you can put away a LOT of spare batteries.

And just for checko ... Eotech Sucks :) (specially if you have astigmatism like I do and it is all a giant mess)

Haha. I do prefer the micro out of the aimpoint stuff. To be honest I was a little put off when I got my eotech because I thought it was really grainy and messy. As I went through my training class with it I noticed it was waaaaaay clearer when I focused in the target instead of the ring. I think I may have an astigmatism as well cause a 4 moa dot is starting to look like a cloverleaf to me.

In my experience the qrp2 mount will return to zero if you put it on the same way. Some people that are having problems may just not take enough care to do it right. And yea I thinks eotechs look grainy (astigmatism here) & with both eyes open you don't notice the tube as much as you might think. I trained myself by watching TV from as far away as I could through my PRO, really helped me learn to focus on the target.

Hey guys finally got all gifts and have enough for aimpoint pro floating around... anyone have a coupon code anywhere for better price.. yes i missed black friday but i needed dishwasher and shades on my windows first lol (just moved into my first house)