karlkurtz32

My bayonet lug (pic)

Hey all, I recently bought a Tavor SAR with a bayonet lug on it.  I was told by the gun shop I purchased it from that the rifle is NJ legal because the wings were cut off, rendering it useless for bayonet mounting.  For those with knowledge on this topic, can you tell me if:

A) the wings are indeed cut off

B) in doing so does it really make it NJ legal

Thanks for your help.

post-7321-0-26836700-1385765589_thumb.jpg

Tavor's have bayo lugs!? Haha. I didn't think many new-productions rifles had lugs nowadays.

I can't tell you much about it though. If I were you, I'd take a grinder and shave the wings completely off. I know some people feel if you can't put a bayo on it even if the ears are shaved .000001mm, but I like to be more safe than sorry.

I got one from an nj ffl like this once. I just cut the whole thing off myself. Didnt go back to them.

Congrats on the tavor, its a great gun. Dont return it just bc of the bago lug. If you have a vice and a saw you can make it compliant.

I love mine and have no complaints.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks a lot guys. I'm going to take it back to the shop on Monday. I have a suspicion that I was accidentally given one that hadn't yet been made NJ compliant. Now that I look at it the muzzle break doesn't look pinned. I guess I got one that slipped through the cracks.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks a lot guys. I'm going to take it back to the shop on Monday. I have a suspicion that I was accidentally given one that hadn't yet been made NJ compliant. Now that I look at it the muzzle break doesn't look pinned. I guess I got one that slipped through the cracks.

If this turns out to be true, thats pretty scary living in this state. Take it back asap

Thanks everyone. Before I head up there does anyone know if this looks NJ ok or not? I appreciate it.

Not sure what you're asking here.  But the photo you uploaded in your first post showing that bayonet lug - that does NOT look to be compliant with NJ law.  Technically, you're in violation of the law to be in possession.

If you do go to return it, don't get pulled over on the way, and definitely don't consent to a search.