Sign in to follow this  
ryan_j

Reminder: Delaware drops Virginia reciprocity on 12/7

is this a trend?  or do these things just happen from time to time?  i havent followed for long but it seems like PA dropped just about everything and now delaware?

They just happen. This is why you should always have a backup permit just in case it changes overnight. I have FL, UT and CT so I'm covered for most of the country. 

Any reasoning as to why Del. dropped Va?

Was there a reciprocal drop in VA for DE?

No idea. Usually it's training, residency or money.

Money is out as DE doesn't seem to want to issue nonresident permits.

Residency is out as they accept non res permits and require their own citizens to get their permit if they want to carry.

So that leaves training, which seems likely since VA takes online courses to satisfy its training requirement.

VA didn't drop DE.

is this a trend? or do these things just happen from time to time? i havent followed for long but it seems like PA dropped just about everything and now delaware?

Pa elected an anti gun ag

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/theoffice.aspx?id=6794

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

She is dropping all non-resident reciprocity. Both my FL and VA are useless in PA and I have a feeling the "statutory" reciprocity with UT will be going out the window as well

Pure speculation. I speculate it won't happen. Why? 

This court ruling:

http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/10/23/new-ruling-in-pennsylvania-on-reciprocity-and-second-amendment/

She was only interested in dropping reciprocity for PA residents. We were pure collateral damage but she didn't care about us. The background for this was a shooting incident in Philly where the shooter had a Florida CWP after being denied a PA LTCF. Thus was born the outrage about the "Florida loophole."

They just happen. This is why you should always have a backup permit just in case it changes overnight. I have FL, UT and CT so I'm covered for most of the country. 

I agree that its a good idea to have redundant CCWs but I was looking at the reciprocity map for a CT non-resident permit, doesnt seem like theres much benefit?

I agree that its a good idea to have redundant CCWs but I was looking at the reciprocity map for a CT non-resident permit, doesnt seem like theres much benefit?

I got one because I actually go to CT somewhat often. You're right, if you don't go there it is of little value to you.