karlkurtz32

Quick question before I pin and weld

Tomorrow I am having my 18" barrel Tavor pinned/welded with a muzzle brake.

The barrel is threaded and it has an inoperable bayonet lug (wings shaved off).

After replacing the flash hider with a muzzle brake, and pinning/welding it onto the threaded barrel, will it finally be gtg according to the state of NJ?

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Greatly appreciated.

Just to be safe i would grind off the whole bayonet lug not just the wings. I got some back with just the wings off and i ground down the whole lug because i put a bayonet on it and it stayed on it. It was operable. Which is cool but. The judicial system might not find it as cool as i did. Just my 2 sense worth.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Frank Thomas
      What training is acceptable?  Instructions from Monroe Twp, NJ merely say "Written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and include Instructors Name"... I think this is really a bogus requirement.  I think NJ can reject applicants by saying the training is insufficient.  The qualifyin schools, such as www.shootingclasses.com ... seem to have a variety of courses.  In summary, how do we know exactly what school and cert would qualify for a CCW permit?  Thanks
    • By Frank Thomas
      Does anyone know if I can now apply for concealed carry in NJ?  Very confusing.  The form, "State of NJ - APPLICATION FOR PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN..." appears to not have been updated.  As an illustrative example, there's no mention about weapons training.  And the form is dated "03/15."  So how do I apply to carry a weapon post-Supreme Court ruling?  And has anyone in NJ applied and been approved under the new Supreme Court ruling?  Thanks
    • By My1stGlock
      Anyone knows of a reliable gun smith or armorer that can swap a barrel on a S&W 686+ revolver? If you used them even better. Any idea on the cost to do the work? Obviously someone local in NJ as the first choice. Thanks for any leads. 
    • By Rick_F
      Hi there,
      I was wondering what muzzle brakes/comps everyone is using.  I have a Battle Comp on one of my rifles and a KVP on an "other."  I'm looking for an option to pin on a 14.5" barrel to exceed 16'.  I was hoping for something milder than the Battle Comp, which exhibits too much concussion for my tastes.  A few people recommended the VG6 Gamma, but I would need the EX for length, and it looks to be discontinued.  The Epsilon has the length but VG6 said it's not NJ legal.  The Bravo Comp looks good, but on some old threads here it wasn't clear if it was GTG from a legal standpoint.  Please let me know what you would recommended for shooting in an indoor range.  Thanks.  
    • By My1stGlock
      I'm sure most of us in Central Jersey, Monmouth county know about Steve's compliance work but figured I put it out there for those that are looking for great work and reasonable prices. 
      Here's some pics of the brake up close and the pin/weld. That little dot is the pin and weld on the last image. Looks like factory! The other pics are just since I'm uploading anyways lol. What do u guys think about the red mag release. I'm on the fence on that. Gonna add a vertical foregrip and prob a red dot w/ irons when its all said and done.

• https://www.reuters.com/technology/cybersecurity/fbi-says-chinese-hackers-preparing-attack-us-infrastructure-2024-04-18/ "An ongoing Chinese hacking campaign known as Volt Typhoon has successfully gained access to numerous American companies in telecommunications, energy, water and other critical sectors, with 23 pipeline operators targeted, FBI Director Christopher Wray said" "China is developing the "ability to physically wreak havoc on our critical infrastructure at a time of its choosing. Its plan is to land low blows against civilian infrastructure to try to induce panic."   I think this is actually just an elaborate Chinese marketing campaign to sell more radios and cheap survival gear.    
    • The new ATF rule will go a long way to helping Brandon out. ATF Rule Change Creates a Trap for the Unwary › American Greatness (amgreatness.com)
    • I hope you are correct but if you have been paying attention to all the lower court decisions from the left wing circuits we are not doing so good and the communists know this.   while we sit back and wait and wait and wait for a favorable 3rd circuit decision on the mag limits and sensitive places the anti-american legislators around the country, even in what was once considered 100% pro gun states are passing laws with contempt for the Bruen decision knowing that they are only playing out the clock until they get a favorable ( activist ) supreme court again.  which can be as early as this november.  I  believe the 3rd circuit will not rule on our cases until after the election and we all know why..