dman2112

Shout out to the RTSP RO's

I must say the RO's at RTSP are such a great group. Always helpful and safe. They treat you like a valued customer rather some scary dude with a gun like most shops do. I also like to see when a novice is in need of assistance they come over an offer advice.

Good job.

Dman we truly appreciate the time you look to post. Range safety and education is a very important part of our business model. It has been an up hill battle to get the range rolling, but our employees are truly the front line of our customer reaction and over all feeling of what RTSP trully represents. Please come find me the next time you are in, I would enjoy meeting you.

I must say the RO's at RTSP are such a great group. Always helpful and safe. They treat you like a valued customer rather some scary dude with a gun like most shops do. I also like to see when a novice is in need of assistance they come over an offer advice.

Good job.

I am not on the forum too often but I'd like to second this.  I went to RTSP for the first time a little over a week ago and wrote a pretty long review on yelp, partially on this same topic.  I just got a really great vibe from the entire staff.  got a "how's it going man?" as I walked in and talked to two of the RO's who were both friendly, helpful, and 'normal folks' as I often use the term.  They were also never standing still, altering time between doing the normal RO stuff AND sweeping shells away from shooters feet.  The guys, and gal, working the retail area were quick to offer to show me stuff and I felt welcomed.  What a great place - really wish I lived closer.  I'd be a member if I did.

+1 for the ROs. My first time here and the ROs were very helpful (Jim and Damon). Also a big plus to Mike who helped my wife pick out her first gun, a CZ 75 :icon_cool:

She made a great pick on that gun.  But you do know that Mike secretly works for CZ and steers EVERYONE to them :)   :)   :)

What you think I am lying, just look at what I have below:

She made a great pick on that gun.  But you do know that Mike secretly works for CZ and steers EVERYONE to them :)   :)   :)

What you think I am lying, just look at what I have below:

I was thinking the same thing.

Just went there yesterday with my brand new Hi-Point carbine and had some jamming troubles.  One of the RO's hooked my up by spraying things down with some lubricant.  Loosened the new toy right up, so I let him take some shots since he was admiring it.  Good guys there!

can anyone give me some advice on when its not crowded on weekends here? Planning on going this weekend not sure if Saturday afternoon after 3pm, Sunday morning, or Sunday afternoon is best. ive never been here but just let my Cherry ridge membership expire and dont plan on going back there. Maybe EFGA in the spring. But for more local shooting im thinking rtsp would be nice. Can only go those times mentioned so any info would be appreciated when to avoid the crowds.

thanks Howard, got the papers already done from the website. dont care if theres a wait, just want to know if i should expect one or if there was any times that normally are not a long wait. But ill just hope for the best. I assume you can wait in the store area? unlike when i used to go to bullet hole and you waited around the table behind the firing ports.

thanks Howard, got the papers already done from the website. dont care if theres a wait, just want to know if i should expect one or if there was any times that normally are not a long wait. But ill just hope for the best. I assume you can wait in the store area? unlike when i used to go to bullet hole and you waited around the table behind the firing ports.

LOL..... there is just a few thousand sq feet to wander around...... 

With 21 ports the wait should not be too bad.  You might even have no wait if you want to use the simulator while you wait for a port.  If you never tried that it is worth a try, you might get hooked too.

From what I've seen every w/e...the best time to go(if you're a non member) is at 10am. Its members only from 8-10, then open to all at 10 and usually a slight(very slight) lull from 10-11 then it picks up from there. Like stated if theres a wait, there is a lot to check out to keep ya busy...lotta guns and accessories...ask for a tour, check out the 2 story shoot house, simulator room, dojo, classrooms, cafe.