1LtCAP

5.11 pants

ok guys......i have a REALLY stupid question, that i've already tried finding the answer to on google.

most of you know i'm a mechanic. i don't like traditional mechanics pants though. i've never been comfortable in them. about 4 years ago, i got my first pair of 5.11 tactical pants. i still wear them, and one would be hard pressed to tell that they're that old. i REALLY like how easy it is to move around in them, and the extra pockets, especially if i have to work on a car out in the parking lot, as it's crazy easy to put nearly any tools i'm gonna need in those huge pockets...including the thigh pockets.

i know it seems pricey to wear them over regular mechanics pants, in my experience, they well outlast those pants designed for my line of work, with additional comfort.

now, here's my question. what the hell are the doubled belt loops for? as in.....there's the standard 5 belt loops around the waist. each one is about an inch wide. then on top of each of those, is a standard half or quarter inch wide belt loop. almost like they're designed to wear two belts with?

I've never understood that either.r I came up with one possibility and that id you can wear a regular belt in those loops if you so choose.  Then again that might look a little weird.  Personally I attach carabiners(sp?) to those loops sometimes. 

What style pants?

I have 2 pairs of taclite pro and both pairs only have a single belt loop --  I wish it had a double, I'd use the smaller loops for the inner velcro belt for the AA gun belt -- 

As it stands now, if you thread the inner velcro belt thru all the loops on the taclite you loose too much surface to belt loops area and the outer belt doesn't stick well

For the record -- my 5-11s are this seasons pants -- bought my 1st 2 pair this summer -- maybe a design change?

If you need more area for the belt to stick to the inner belt take velcro and stick it on the backs of your mag pouches depending on what type and any other gear on your outer

belt. I was having an issue with the outer belt not having much area to stick to so I did this and I the belt has a lot more holding power now that more velcro hits the inner.