BrianN

I died a little on the inside when i saw this

I like it, In fact I have wanted to build one for a while, just have not got around to it. Now I hate when people modify any surplus military rifle, but in this case there was nothing permanent done to the rifle. You can easily swap the stock back to the original and than you would never have known. The reason I like this set up is because it demonstrative proof of the Idea that when you get down to it just because the firearm is old, does not mean it is any less capable. That M1 is extremely similar as the M14 EBR, and I believe that besides the 8 rnd limit, You would get pretty much the exact same performance out of it. In other words you could put that thing in a soldiers hands for the same role as an M14 EBR, and that solider could be just as effective.  

my first thought was kill it with fire, but then i thought about it a bit. i have access to a few garands. ebr is cool, i cant afford a m1a.... but i could add a chassis and optic add it to a garand i already have and come out ahead of buying a socom alone. maby thare is something to it?

Shootin irons is a lost art nick. Only us loyal riflemen use irons, the newer generation is spray and pray or if you dontt have glass on a rifle it isnt capable of hitting anything.

Shootin irons is a lost art nick. Only us loyal riflemen use irons, the newer generation is spray and pray or if you dontt have glass on a rifle it isnt capable of hitting anything.

I only use irons when breaking in a rifle and long before I put glass on rifles except for the ones that designated as longer range precision rigs.