O-gre

Picking up my Tavor Monday

Get a good sling for it and use the method IWI suggests for shooting the rifle (6 points of contact).  I have found this to be the best way to stay on target and control the rifle.  Using this combined with the battlecomp brake it is very easy to stay on target as there is no muzzle rise and recoil is next to nothing.  Transitioning between targets is also very natural using this stance.  

Ehh...I think there are other discussions that talk about that subject in depth here. There are lots of good brakes on the market and the Battlecomp is among them.

so are you saying there is no consensus? Besides, Blake mentioned it so that's why I asked.

Battle comp the best brake option?

I generally either use a battlecomp or a pws fs556 on my rifles. Both work very well. Thats not to say there arent cheaper brakes out there that do a great job, I just dont have any experience with anything else.

so are you saying there is no consensus? Besides, Blake mentioned it so that's why I asked.

The ability of a break/comp to fulfill the shooters expectations is very subjective. What I think works best with my particular rifle with my shooting style, my grip, my ability to control recoil, etc... May be very different interpreters ion of the effectiveness of a break/or comp that you experience.

There are a few that are proven by most people to work - for example the BattleComp, PWS556, BCM Comp - but you will be hard pressed to get 3 shooters to agree on which is best amongst them.

For example, I like the PWS FSC556. Others prefer the BC, or the Troy Claymore or Midevil, or the Spikes, or the Knight's TripleTap. We would all agree that they all work, but we would argue about which is best.

The ability of a break/comp to fulfill the shooters expectations is very subjective. What I think works best with my particular rifle with my shooting style, my grip, my ability to control recoil, etc... May be very different interpreters ion of the effectiveness of a break/or comp that you experience.

There are a few that are proven by most people to work - for example the BattleComp, PWS556, BCM Comp - but you will be hard pressed to get 3 shooters to agree on which is best amongst them.

For example, I like the PWS FSC556. Others prefer the BC, or the Troy Claymore or Midevil, or the Spikes, or the Knight's TripleTap. We would all agree that they all work, but we would argue about which is best.

Fully agree with this.  I will say that IMO I don't see a huge difference in the performance of the Battlecomp and the FS556, but the FS556 is $50-60 cheaper than the Battlecomp.  

Ron - If you want to see the Battlecomp on the Tavor let me know and we can meet/shoot at CJRPC.  I will also bring an ar with the PWS FS556.