Through all my research, posting, questions and answers I have received about choosing my firearm (FNX 45) and my ammunition (anything cheap,  :sarcastichand: ) but I neglected to think about what I'll be shooting at while at the range. 

So, what do you shoot at? 

I know some of the range targets I've shot at don't really do a good job of showing what I just hit. Especially the all gray photos type that they had with the zombie on the back. Can't see shit with that side. 

KCCO

I like the VTAC targets. I use them for everything when teaching except qualifying (we are mandated to use FBI Qtargets for all quals).

a8abf8bdbca97e54fc06932d4d0cc2fd_zps0897

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

The VTAC Target Double sided to provide the most cost efficient versatile target. Realistic silhouette side provides a visible skeleton with center of gravity impact boxes and an competition style overlay to scale. The marksmanship side of the target provides four SR-1c bulls eye targets gridded with 1" squares for easy reference when zeroing and grouping. Numbered Precision Shooting Shapes challenge the shooter up close on the clock.

Marksmanship Side

Four SR-1c bulls eye targets gridded with 1” squares

Numbered Precision Shooting Shapes

Center Of Gravity Impact Boxes

Silhouette Side

Silhouette with visible skeleton

Visible Center Of Gravity Impact Zones (vital organ and central nervous system areas)

Competition target to scale with scoring zones

White silhouette on black background for long distance recognition

Everything else I do with post it notes and some adhesive spray (if it is windy).

I also like the EAG targets a lot.

094d166186e2bda828a77dc5c166c7a8_zpsa136

I have taken classes with them numerous times, but have yet to get any myself for teaching or practice.

For hand guns, the B-27's and B-34's at PPC league.  And clay birds on the berm at 25 and 50 yards.

Also like my re-setting steel popper!

For rifles I like the SR-1 100 yard rifle targets at 100 yards and the B-6 50 yard slow-fire target.  At 20 yards I like to cut playing cards in half, blow-up fruit and veggies, cut string, blow-up charcoal briquettes, hit gongs, hit thumbtacks, and blow-up 1 liter bottles filled with colored water!

Through all my research, posting, questions and answers I have received about choosing my firearm (FNX 45) and my ammunition (anything cheap,  :sarcastichand: ) but I neglected to think about what I'll be shooting at while at the range. 

So, what do you shoot at? 

I know some of the range targets I've shot at don't really do a good job of showing what I just hit. Especially the all gray photos type that they had with the zombie on the back. Can't see shit with that side. 

KCCO

I'm going through the Winchester Pistol Qualification - Made Pro-Marksman, working on Marksman. So, right now, 9" Paper plates :D

But I just bought a bunch of AP-1 and AP-2 paper targets for Marksman 1st Class and Sharpshooter.

I like these:

PR-CQ1.jpg

PR-CQ1
Fluorescent target provides multiple shooting/scoring options.
Great for indoor ranges.
Black, Red & Blue
Size: 23" x 35"

You can get them and lots more at http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=PR-CQ1, they run 26 cents each in lots of 100 or more.

I start out with the ez2c targets that they sell at all the gun shows in PA it seems. $20/120 including tax. When they get shredded up too much, I stick a pop n glo over the top of them, either an 11 3/4" bullseye at 100yds or 8" for anything else. They are a little bit fragile in that they can get scratched up if you treat them roughly, but they are self adhesive and hits are very visible. And they are way cheap for a high visibility target. Like $20 something for 100.

Not a paper target, the range is the Ridgeway Rifle Club in Ridgeway, PA, Homer is at 982 yards. During the season, we have monthly silhouette matches.

It's an amazing range, www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpxPglKkFvQ.

I'm missing the normal shooting season.