gunforhire

Only in NJ! For a BB Gun, Prison with NO criminal intent! Please sign petition!

I'd like to know a little bit more. What was he charged with? You do not need a FPID to possess a BB or pellet gun. It appears that this one was purchased legally, out of state and transported back. I assume that he was arrested for a violation of the transport exemptions? i.e. He was riding around with it in his trunk.

If everything is as presented, we shouldn't be petitioning for clemency or a pardon, but for a complete expungement. Anybody know more about this?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'd like to know a little bit more. What was he charged with? You do not need a FPID to possess a BB or pellet gun. It appears that this one was purchased legally, out of state and transported back. I assume that he was arrested for a violation of the transport exemptions? i.e. He was riding around with it in his trunk.

If everything is as presented, we shouldn't be petitioning for clemency or a pardon, but for a complete expungement. Anybody know more about this?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am awaiting a call back from Evan Nappen Bob, and I will post his response/opinion.

Ant

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Same here, does he have a previous record?

I can't find a single news article on this story.  I'm waiting for more information. 

If it's true as presented, screw the petition, I'm writing letters to the governor.  And the next time Kristie Kreme's on NJ101.5, I'll find a way to get through to ask what he plans to do about this.

I'm with Pizza Bob on this one....need more information and perhaps a stupid question.

Has Change.org actually got anything changed recently....I read up on their business model and now see why after signing a petition you are  inundated with solicitations.

I'm with Pizza Bob on this one....need more information and perhaps a stupid question.

Has Change.org actually got anything changed recently....I read up on their business model and now see why after signing a petition you are  inundated with solicitations.

Sadly, i have to concur. I think the fact that the site asks for a full street address just to fill out a petition (when they could simply ask for name and municipality, and/or e-mail... and/or collect your WAN IP address), is evidence of the high SPAM potential (via snail mail... perhaps by e-mail as well). If the site indicated who it was that initiated the petition (i.e. the individual behind the org. name), I'd feel better about it.  For all we know, this could be the anti's doing "opposition research." 

The irony of the site being named "change.org" is not lost on me. :icon_rolleyes:

I think there has to be something else here as the law (as currently amended) is as follows and I can't find any mention of this case anywhere

Source:  http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/S3000/2804_I1.HTM

(2) The court shall not impose a mandatory sentence pursuant to subsection c. of this section for a violation of paragraph (2) of subsection b. of N.J.S.2C:39-5; a violation of paragraph (2) of subsection c. of N.J.S.2C:39-5, if that rifle or shotgun is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and electing a bullet or missile smaller than three-eights of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person; or a violation of paragraph (1) of subsection c. of N.J.S.2C:39-5.

I'd like to sign this but how do we know the guy doesn't have prior arrests ...maybe something like he robbed a store with a fake gun or something?

If he has a squeaky clean record, then I'll gladly sign the petition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being that it came from Mr. Colandro, I expect it to be real.

I would too, but I tried to look up the guy in the jail database, and could not find him.

If it is made up, it is really good, as the law to screw him is legit, the guy has a Linkedin page, same job, etc.....

Being that it came from Mr. Colandro, I expect it to be real.

I have faith that the subject/person is real.  There appear to be sufficient Google references, etc. 

The question/concern I have is, "Who's  behind the group that initiated the petition on change.org?"   All it says is that the petition was created by:

"Release inmate Udrija"

It doesn't name a specific individual that created it. I'd like to know to whom I'd be giving my P.I.I. (name, address, email etc.), and why they want it, and what they intend to do with it, before I give it to them. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I've been the victim of one too many SPAMbots to just give it away without knowing to whom it's going.