AlDente67

The Obsessive lawn care neighbor

Do you have one of these nearby, or...is it YOU?

Guy next door has a vast array of loud lawn equipment - Deere zero-turn tractor with giant vacuum system attachment, several backpack blowers, and on and on.  Every 3 days, he is out there blowing his 8 leaves around for several hours at a time.  He goes over every square inch of the yard every time (most of which has no leaves whatsoever).

Every sleepy weekend morning is ruined by the BRRRRRRRRR of equipment going on and on.  And in the end, he makes sure to not clear anything more than 1" over our property line.  So the next breeze simply blows over the leaves on my side straight back on his side.  So then he does it all over again.

In the warmer months, he cuts his grass at least three times per week, usually at dinnertime and often in the dark.

Driving me nuts.

We had a neighbor like this. Used to drive us crazy, every other night with the trimmer, blower or riding mower. Then we found out he had three shrill kids and a wife, a few dogs, and his in-laws had recently moved in.

Still annoying, but after that we just felt bad for him.

Sound machines are worth their weight in gold, I have two and I dont care if the emergency siren for the nuclear plant goes off, I will be sleeping like a baby. Guys spending all their time outside usually have a good reason for not wanting to be inside, also some dont have a garage to retreat to.

I have a neighbor that seems to mow his lawn 3 times a week. Not sure if there's much of a lawn left for him to mow, but that's his problem. Always seems to pull his mower or blower out whenever I'm working on the yard too, regardless of whether or not he has any use for it (he's used his blower without a single leaf on his lawn before). It's as if he thinks as if he feels the need to prove his lawn equipment is better than my lawn equipment (which it isn't).

I will admit that my mower might be a bit loud, but LawnBoy 2 cycle mowers work awesome, sound awesome, and look awesome. If I had more cash, I'd buy every single one I find on Craigslist, because they're never making them like this anymore. To hell with the EPA.

Also, I ask my neighbors for their leaf matter which then I redistribute across my yard. The fence keeps on my side, and I get free dirt and plant food from the leaves while the go buy fertilizer. I save some of it to add to my compost pile in summer with lawn clippings (which they put to the curb). It seems odd to me they feed and care for the lawn only to throw away all that nutrient they payed for.

I got that guy across the street Not happy unless making noise. If its not yard equipmnt (every kind of tractor accessory and his yard aint big) its saws, grinders, hammers etc.Or his truck beeping at 430 AM or 11:30PM plowing his driveway. I dont mind him doing his projects , heck i do them too but not early weekend morns or late in the Summer eves or all day long over the weekends.when the neighborhood wants to relax on our decks. We get along ok and we I have mentioned his compulsiveness but he just doesnt get it. Also burns his chiminea/fire pit a lot and smokes out the hood, police get called there at least several times a yr when people cant open their windows....thanx for letting me rant lol

I would never do this because I like my neighbors, even the obsessive lawn dude next to my house but ... http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-8211-dandelion.aspx

Never know may be a wine lover.. :gaming:

I have a neighbor across the street like this, best is he blows the leaves in the other neighbors yard  who has tree's but is only down a few times a year and they blow back in a couple days. sometimes the leaves are in a pile up against his house..

For me, it's a moot point, because I live in a townhouse complex where lawn maintenance is "contracted."  We aren't even allowed to do it. They show up once a week to mow, leaf blow, whatever needs to be done, but only during "daytime business hours." 

There is a strip of ground along the back of the units where various flowers/plants can be planted. We are allowed, once a year, to declare if we want the contractor to maintain that strip or if we will do it ourselves. Default is to have the contractor do it. I choose the default. :)

Also, I ask my neighbors for their leaf matter which then I redistribute across my yard. The fence keeps on my side, and I get free dirt and plant food from the leaves while the go buy fertilizer. I save some of it to add to my compost pile in summer with lawn clippings (which they put to the curb). It seems odd to me they feed and care for the lawn only to throw away all that nutrient they payed for.

Head to my house and bring a trailer. It will take a couple trips but you can have all you want :)

What makes this a Jewish perspective? I wouldn't like to live next door to an unkempt home any more than you would and I'm not Jewish.

A Jewish perspective meaning "It could be worse..." as in "It could always be worse..... count your blessings."  Just sage advice from the Kibbutz Room.

Wow, you guys must have a lot if time on your hands. I couldn't care less what my neighbor is doing. Down by me, I have a neighbor who cuts his lawn very frequently but it doesn't bother me at all. Looks great.

Maybe kinda weird, but I guess I'm lucky that me and the neighbors are neighborly. No one's out early on the weekends or after dinner time (some have little ones). We also wait if someone's having a picnic or something, there's always tomorrow. But like Ryan said, count your blessings, it almost always can be worse. Well, time to go start up the snow blower.

To OG, no that one is behind me...just has her service do it every Thursday.

To Mcbethr, good point...can't argue with that, but there are extremes.

Update: He spent 7-8pm using his snow blower to clear the half inch of slush from his driveway in the dark.  That which the sun will remove by tomorrow.

To OG, no that one is behind me...just has her service do it every Thursday.

To Mcbethr, good point...can't argue with that, but there are extremes.

Update: He spent 7-8pm using his snow blower to clear the half inch of slush from his driveway in the dark. That which the sun will remove by tomorrow.

Gotta justify the snowblower

I have a neighbor like that so I purposely don't touch my leaves until the last leaf falls from the trees.  Drives them insane because their lawn is connected with mine.

I wait for them all to fall. Takes about a week or two of blowing around before they are mostly in the corner of my fence. Open double gate and push out with a rake. Fly, be free! The grass is always greener at my neighbor's house! :D

I like my lawn to look nice but I'm not getting up early on the weekend to mow it. I'm blessed with great neighbors. Neighbor on one side will mow my backyard when he does his (neither are that large) and I'll do same for him. Neighbor on other side has a snow blower and will clear snow on the sidewalks for amost all the houses on our side of the steeet. Nobody too annoying and most everyone's lawn and house look pretty decent.