Sign in to follow this  
BrianN

South Jersey Outdoor Ranges

Hey guys,

I just got a job down in South Jersey and will be moving to the Port Republic/Galloway/Mays Landing area by the end of the month.  Can you guys recommend any outdoor ranges with at least 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range (trap range would be a bonus but not a deal breaker)?  What are the good ones, what are the bad ones? Why do you like or dislike them?  Right now the closest ones to that area that I can find are Hutton Hill Rifle and Pistol Club and South Jersey Shooting Club.  Any info you can provide would be awesome, thanks!

The South Jersey Shooting Club is a great local range with a good gun shop (Bangers). If you are looking for clays then there is a good sporting clays club very close to your new digs, but I don't recall the name of that club.

Crusher:  Red Wing Sporting Clays

South Jersey Shooting Club is a great range.

If I lived in the area your moving to,  I would re-join SJSC, it's simply too far from my home. 

IDK if they are still in business but you may want to check out Hutton Hill. 

USANA, Cumberland Rifleman, Mullica Hill Rifle and Pistol are options but all are a distance. 

AVOID the Atlantic County range! 

The Atlantic county range is a police range that happens to have a couple days where civilians can shoot. The days and hours are limited and you are under the ever watchful eye of the Range officers who scrutinize civilian shooters.

If you are LEO then you will be welcomed and you should join. If your civilian you have limited access.

Personally; when I join a range I want access and I want to shoot when it's convienient for me.

Another possibility for you is Telco in Atco, NJ. 

http://www.telcosportsmensclub.com/index.htm

Roughly speaking, its across from the Atco Dragway.

EDIT:  And welcome to South Jersey!  Its definitely a different state from North Jersey!