dpas1973

Slide fire stocks nj legal

Any visit to you tube shows these are a ton of fun, the stock has a position which can be locked or not, not adjustable in the sense people consider it illegal, they are accurate, unlike bump firing in the past, as for practical, since when is what we shoot, eat, drive, or date practical? The fact that you can have fun with it will cause the law in N.J. to greet it with grave suspicion.

Any visit to you tube shows these are a ton of fun, the stock has a position which can be locked or not, not adjustable in the sense people consider it illegal, they are accurate, unlike bump firing in the past, as for practical, since when is what we shoot, eat, drive, or date practical? The fact that you can have fun with it will cause the law in N.J. to greet it with grave suspicion.

in NJ the LAW says that a stock that is capable of telescoping in and out is an "evil feature"

the way this stock functions is essentially telescoping in and out.. granted it is a stretch... but not much of one if this modification rubbed the NJ government the wrong way... 

in NJ the LAW says that a stock that is capable of telescoping in and out is an "evil feature"

the way this stock functions is essentially telescoping in and out.. granted it is a stretch... but not much of one if this modification rubbed the NJ government the wrong way... 

Thats how i feel, remember they can interpret the law how they want if you get arrested for it. Me, i wouldnt risk it over that.

I've yet to hear of someone in NJ owning one. Why don't you pick one up and be the test case for everyone in NJ?

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/28138-slide-fire-stock/

From their web site:

1. Are the Slide Fire® stock systems legal in my state?

By definition, the SSAR-15® and our other products are not adjustable stocks or trigger manipulation devices. Slide Fire® products have been approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) and we provide a copy of the approval letter on our website www.slidefire.com to any interested individual. Slide Fire® has not been notified by any individual state that our products conflict with any state laws.

We would like to provide a link from the National Rifle Association (NRA) to empower our prospective customers to know the current firearm laws for any state. Please visit www.nraila.org/gun-laws.aspx to learn more or contact your State Department of Justice. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the consumer to know the current laws and regulations of their state.

I'm sure Evan's advice would be that it may not be legal so don't touch it.  Lawyers have a duty to keep their clients legal which means erring on the side of caution.

I'm sure everyone knows you can get the same effect by pulling forward on the forearm an holding your trigger finger rigid with the elbow tucked tight against your body to help keep the trigger finger from moving with the gun.  The recoil of each shot pulls the gun back and pulls the trigger off the trigger finger.  The steady pressure forward on the forearm pulls the gun forward and trigger against the trigger finger.   Can be done without the slide fire.   Although, the slide fire does have a tab that keeps the trigger in the right position to make it easier.

That's not what everyone says about the FSC

NJ is not going to individually rate muzzle devices... so what is rated or not rated as a flash hider is important....

NJ law when pointing to stock only says the following..

a folding or telescoping stock;

they do not offer any clearer definition so you would just assume plain language...

folding obviously means folding...

and 

telescoping obviously means just that

tel·e·scope  (tebreve.giflprime.gifibreve.gif-skomacr.gifplprime.gif)

n.
1. An arrangement of lenses or mirrors or both that gathers visible light, permitting direct observation or photographic recording of distant objects.
2. Any of various devices, such as a radio telescope, used to detect and observe distant objects by their emission, transmission, reflection, or other interaction with invisible radiation.
v. tel·e·scopedtel·e·scop·ingtel·e·scopes
v.tr.
1. To cause to slide inward or outward in overlapping sections, as the cylindrical sections of a small hand telescope do.
2. To make more compact or concise; condense.
v.intr.
To slide inward or outward in or as if in overlapping cylindrical sections: 

if you want to roll the dice roll them... but in plain literal language I am sure standing in front of a court room illustrating how the stock moves in and out, commenting on how you tried to use this illegal telescoping stock to make an unregistered machine gun.. may or may not go well..  but I would not take my chances...

just remember you and I know what the intention of the AWB law is... a court filled with your "peers" may not... a prosecutor only has to prove you have one too many illegal features for a conviction...

and all this may be moot.. NJ might have no issue with this at all... but I am willing to bet they do...

all it will take is one range session where an overzealous range officer thinks you broke the law and makes a call to the local PD... when they show up you are then left explaining how your slide fire stock is not a machine gun because the BATFE says so.. I am sure some cops might let it go at that point? but with the generally anti gun climate of NJ I am more willing that they "leave it up to a judge to decide"

thats my concern.. 

Magpul PRS is not the first stock with adjustable comb and length of pull.  These types of adjustable stocks have been used on rifles and shotguns in this state for years.  No one has questioned them yet.  I have seen many used at national match type courses of fire and nobody blinks an eye, because the stock is "fixed" and you are only adjusting the length of pull and the comb. 

I agree we should employ Nappen. However he is in the business of selling his books.

Why not just use the thumb in the belt loop trick? Or buy the Slide Fire.

But either way,  please send me the list of ranges where you can blast away and not get gigged.

You gotta be nuts to think that a NJ judge is gonna find one of these to be legal after seeing a video of one being used. All they have to find is that it is telescoping and you are in jail for having an evil death machine. In fact a NJ judge will probably find you to also have a machinegun. Look at the youtube videos. Just because the ATF signed off on it based on the federal definition of machine gun, doesn't mean NJ has to follow suit when interpreting its own state law defining machine guns. Not to mention if you used it in a NJ range the rapid fire sound will draw any cop in earshot over, the range officer will probably kick you out, and you will be lucky if you are not presented with a search warrant when you get home because the cops think you have a machinegun. Want to live in agony debating what 'telescoping' means to SWAT, prosecutors and judges? Forget about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is the email I got from SlideFire as of September 12th, 2-3 weeks went by and haven't heard since:

Hi Tony.  I'm sorry this has taken so long.

As you know, NJ law is not clear.  Mr. Nappen has been working on the legal issues but has not yet completed his analysis.  Based on the most recent exchanges between the attorneys, I think we'll have a better answer in 2-3 weeks.

LAURA SHACKELFORD | Chief Executive Manager

Slide Fire Solutions | Administration

www.slidefire.com | Firing Freedom