A-Tech

Brass jewelry

So my wife is really into the jewelry made with spent brass. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to come by. So I decided to make some for her. I ended up with a necklace made of a .223 with no primer/powder that she loves. Simple enough, so I figured I would try some more. So here is my 9mm earrings with sapphire colored swarovski crystals. Posted Image

Thanks! Hey, if you're buying I'm selling! Lol...I only have the sapphire colored crystals right now, but I would acquire more if the demand was there. I think .380 might actually be a better case for this rather than 9mm. I'll find out when my wife puts them in her tiny ears.

Looks good.  I've looked into cufflinks like these, that I have seen on ebay.  I've also thought about making my own cufflinks, as well as a ring, using spent brass.  That's on the list of things I want to do, but it's a long list of things I have to/want to get to...

How'd you do the necklace?

Those look pretty cool. Did you coat them with something so the metal will keep it's shine. I know you could always just polish them again, but I would think it could potentially scuff the stone. I really don't have a clue when it comes to jewelry.

There is a woman down here in VA that goes to the different gun shows that creates brass jewelry and art. I have to admit that to me I really don't get the point of jewelry since in my opinion it does not make a woman any more or less attractive. For this type of jewelry though, I think it is really beautiful  from an artistic perspective. Looking at her website now I see she makes tie tacks, which actually have an arguable use, so I might just have to get one for myself. (It will also give me a great excuse to talk to the beautiful woman selling them)

"Thanks! Hey, if you're buying I'm selling! Lol...I only have the sapphire colored crystals right now, but I would acquire more if the demand was there. I think .380 might actually be a better case for this rather than 9mm. I'll find out when my wife puts them in her tiny ears."

FWIW, 9mm and 380 case diameters are the same.  It's only the length of the case that is different. 

32 and 25 would be smaller.

C

"Thanks! Hey, if you're buying I'm selling! Lol...I only have the sapphire colored crystals right now, but I would acquire more if the demand was there. I think .380 might actually be a better case for this rather than 9mm. I'll find out when my wife puts them in her tiny ears."

FWIW, 9mm and 380 case diameters are the same. It's only the length of the case that is different.

32 and 25 would be smaller.

C

Rim diameter on .380 is .374 and 9mm is .394...those 20 thousandths may make a difference. I don't know how easy it would be to work with a smaller case for the purpose of making more than a single pair.

Those look pretty cool. Did you coat them with something so the metal will keep it's shine. I know you could always just polish them again, but I would think it could potentially scuff the stone. I really don't have a clue when it comes to jewelry.

I don't think it would be a problem to polish just the same as any other jewelry. I polished these with the stones already set too. If it gets yucky I'll just clear coat them