Sign in to follow this  
olderguy

Generac Dealer Needed

Posted this in the lounge and got no replies:

My whole house generator was installed about 11 months ago and my electrician is not an "Authorized Generac Dealer" for any water cooled units.

Any forum members that are so authorized and can set up service and guarantee contracts in North Jersey?

Any recommendations?

Posted this in the lounge and got no replies:

My whole house generator was installed about 11 months ago and my electrician is not an "Authorized Generac Dealer" for any water cooled units.

Any forum members that are so authorized and can set up service and guarantee contracts in North Jersey?

Any recommendations?

For some reason Generac treats the air cooled and water cooled generators like they are from different planets.  If the guy that installed it is someone you already trust and he is capable, there is no problem with letting him service it.  It will not affect your warranty.  That would be like Honda telling you that only their dealeships can work on your car.  He will not be able to make any repairs under warranty though.  I would give you a proposal but traveling to north jersey is something I try to avoid.  My radius getts bigger by the day so perhaps in the future.  If you are having problems finding the service that you need repost here or shoot me a PM and I may be able to help you out.

Ken

These guys aren't forum members but they installed my Generac generator and they are authorized dealers.  They are in Colts Neck but I know they also go out to Staten Island, so North Jersey may not be out of the question.

P.E.E.C Electric 732.863.5533