vladtepes

post your favorite AR stock..

really considered it a LOT.. but just not sure about the "hook" aspect of it..

BMSMILNRAT-scorched_dark_earth.jpg

Problem solved. I like mine. It's super light compared to my STR. Cheek weld is not as good as the STR but it's great on my lightweight 22lr build.

Plus, I would not want to mortar that thing try to clear a malfunction.

These guys beat it up a little bit. You can skip thru and check it out around the 13:00 mark. I'm not that hard on my equipment but others may and I agree that it may not survive a brutal beating.

A guy that lives in the town I work in is a rep/dealer for MFT. He have me a few stocks to try out. They were OK. I put them with CAA or Mako. No where near as well made or comfortable as a Magpul, B5, LMT, VLTOR, etc...

That "minimalist" stock wasn't one I got hands on, but it looks like it would be an exercise in frustration. That "hook" would get caught on everything, snag hazards in the environment, chest rigs, slings, armor carriers.. No thanks.

Plus, I would not want to mortar that thing try to clear a malfunction.

yeah I ended up passing on it.. 

but I really like the idea of it...

I am still really inbetween the b5 or vltor.. I simply cannot decide... 

BMSMILNRAT-scorched_dark_earth.jpg

Problem solved. I like mine. It's super light compared to my STR. Cheek weld is not as good as the STR but it's great on my lightweight 22lr build.

Yeah saw that solution on arfcom, looks cool but kinda defeats the purpose of the stock if you need to add s**t on it to make it useable  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/630295_Feedback_on_Battlelink_Minimalist_Stock.html  Still thinking about it for my next build though....

It's a good policy. I just wish it was bolt forward on empty chamber, hammer cocked, selector on SAFE, mag in.

It seems there is a belief (based in complete fantasy) that leaving the hammer cocked will weaken the springs over time that could eventually causing a weak hit on the primer. :rolleyes:

What is the advantage to the hammer being cocked on an empty chamber other then allowing "safe"?

They are all set up pretty close actually. The white light and vert grip are in the same place, the stocks are very close on LOP and all have similar profiles (the middle gun has a B5 Bravo stock on it now), and the slings are set up the same. Also the bottom rifle is a .22 trainer while the other two are work guns.

What about the BAD lever?

I recognize the .22, have one just like it

IThe EO has abysmal battery life, L3 has crappy CS, it is unreliable, it has a stupid auto off feature, I find it has a busy reticle, they designed the battery compartment poorly.

CS?

What is the advantage to the hammer being cocked on an empty chamber other then allowing "safe"?

That's just it, the rifle is already on safe. One less thing to do when you pull the rifle from the rack and you are thinking about 10,000 other things while charging the weapon. If it is already on safe, then you only have to think about 9999 things.

If you need to pull the rifle and start shooting immediately, you probably should have been doing something other than getting that rifle out.

What about the BAD lever?

I recognize the .22, have one just like it

Can't fit a BAD on the SW MP15-22 without some mods. Didn't want to do that, so I run it stock. I do 90% of my training with a regular AR. I use the .22 for a little bit of training (I have taken an EAG class using the .22), certain matches, and to help problem shooters.

CS?

Customer service.

These guys beat it up a little bit. You can skip thru and check it out around the 13:00 mark. I'm not that hard on my equipment but others may and I agree that it may not survive a brutal beating.

I may buy one of these to try on a new build.....I like it

It's a good policy. I just wish it was bolt forward on empty chamber, hammer cocked, selector on SAFE, mag in.

The EO has abysmal battery life, L3 has crappy CS, it is unreliable, it has a stupid auto off feature, I find it has a busy reticle, they designed the battery compartment poorly.

Checked with #1 son, his dept SOP is full mag, no round in chamber, bolt forward and on SAFE

Aim Points instead of the EO then?

Anyone try the Mako stock that can hold a magazine?

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/gl-mag.htm

Pretty sure I know where I'm going.... Thanks for all the help!

Tease!!!

Checked with #1 son, his dept SOP is full mag, no round in chamber, bolt forward and on SAFE

Aim Points instead of the EO then?

Anyone try the Mako stock that can hold a magazine?

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/gl-mag.htm

Yes. Aimpont over EOTurd all day long.

Avoid the Mako stuff in general and that stock in particular. It is a gimmick. If you want to carry an extra mag, there are quite a few better ways than that abortion.

Awesome! But as you can see mine does not, this makes me sad :(

Mine are old VLTOR mod-stocks, (imod before they called them imod) good to know they upgraded that in the newest iterations.

My emod has the rubber pad though:

51CE92FB-3B48-4B3D-96F4-8D1C6790B54A_zps

Still like the SOPMOD best

ETA: There's that TD grip again :) I upgraded my MP15-22 up with parts from the parts bin including the eoturd. I won all the TD stuff (stubby, pistol grip, rail covers) for being high shooter in an EAG carbine 2 course and I wasn't using it for anything else....

I will likely be getting a BCM Gunfighter grip for it soonest.

At the risk of nitpicking... is your front sight on backwards?

it doesnt really matter?

Of you mean it doesn't matter which direction the sight faces because the iron sight functions the same whether it is on frontwards or backwards, correct, it is nothing more than an cosmetic difference.

If you mean it doesn't matter where the light goes, I disagree. This is rifle is used for training and building procedural memory of administrative functions and TTP using .22LR ammo instead if 5.56x45 which saves me money. For me to get the most out of that training I need this rifle set up as close as possible to my other guns, and I need the "switchology" to be the same.

ETA: I assume you mean the first thing, but the "?" At the end screw me up....

Edited by High Exposure

Of you mean it doesn't matter which direction the sight faces because the iron sight functions the same whether it is on frontwards or backwards, correct, it is nothing more than an cosmetic difference.

If you mean it doesn't matter where the light goes, I disagree. This is rifle is used for training and building procedural memory of administrative functions and TTP using .22LR ammo instead if 5.56x45 which saves me money. For me to get the most out of that training I need this rifle set up as close as possible to my other guns, and I need the "switchology" to be the same.

ETA: I assume you mean the first thing, but the "?" At the end screw me up....

I meant the iron sight.... LoL