Sign in to follow this  
n4p226r

arfcom takedown soft case

https://store.ar15.com/product.html?cat=24&pr=572

quick review.  wife gave me an early christmas present.  

so due to home storage issues, i am not able to store my AR upper attached to the lower.  i have a safe that will not easily fit both along with all my other stuff.  so until i get a nicer place, the lower is getting stored alone.  i figured it would be a good idea to get a "takedown" style ar case since the upper can stay there (ill leave it in one of those silicone infused gun socks.)  i found the arfcom takedown case and for the price figured i'd give it a try.  it seems to fit everything perfectly.  i wish it had a pocket on the outside but it doesn't.  it also doesn't come with shoulder straps so i figure i'll get a real cheap rifle sling to use and that way i can have a backup sling if need be.  there is a ton of padding on both top and bottom sides.  the materials are a little cheap compared to some of the other stuff i have like tactical tailor gun rugs, but i think it should hold up well for the limited things i'll do with it (to and from the range).  overall i give it a B/B+.  

0D3C30C6-0F6B-4143-8F96-60E05FB9D7EE_zps

there is also a 2"x4" velcro patch on one of the outsides.  i'll have to get a patch for it but for now, multi cam flag

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/1B501E71-62B1-4AB5-B141-5580D0A502F3_zpskt4k6kjn.jpg

Can someone post other brands of a style like this? I'm in the market for a bag. I never even thought about a takedown type. Is there enough flexibility with the strap downs that the position of the red dot can be anywhere?

What I really Ike about this ideais that the bag doesn't become a burden. I was reading a review of the Blackhawks bags on sale and some guys had regrets about a 44 inch bag for their AR, just too big.

So is like this bag the lower end of price?

it is the lower end of the price range from what i can tell.  there is the larue that goes for over a hundred and another that just came out thats a backpack and over 300.  

you can put the velcro just about anywhere.  there are three strips and every 2 inches along those strips you can loop the velcro through