Silence Dogood

Hello from Mercer County

Should we try and plan a group trip to a range? Since a lot of us are newbies I doubt we would all have memberships anywhere. Any members of Citizens' Rifle & Revolver on Princeton-Hightstown Road or Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol in Jackson able to host us or something?

Otherwise we can either meet up local for beers or something ...or we can all go to Shore Shot in Lakewood?

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually do this outside at Starbucks on Rt 31 just north of I-95. A bit chilly for that now. We usually had good turnouts so outside was ideal as that way we didn't co-opt their whole facility, nor scare the customers by talking about guns.

Ranges usually don't react favorably to large groups, and I'm not sure that a bar is a great idea either. I'd suggest an early spring get together. The key would be quick reaction time to the posting. Good weather "windows" are often of short duration in the spring, so we would need to put this together in the range of standard 5-day weather forecast.

I'm amenable to alternatives, but can't think of a viable one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Even though I'm the one who made the suggestion, I agree with Bob as far as having trouble finding a hospitable place indoors this time of year. It was a pleasure sitting outside in the warmer weather and shooting the breeze with everybody last time. I could certainly see a group of members getting together to shoot, but again, the choices are limited there too, and everybody will be wearing ear protection which makes conversation difficult. Can't wait for spring anyhow, heard we're getting some snow tomorrow am.