Combat Auto

Post Your Used Pistol Targets!

Well, We post just about everything on the NJGF - motorcycles, girls with guns, what word you use to talk about Halloween, etc...Given we are all shooters (or at least gun owners) thought it might be good to post some of our best groups...

Check out this Beauty:

7 round 2.5 inch group at 25 yards (1 floater over in the "C" section).

Medium rate of fire.

Wilson Combat Tactical Elite - 1911 - 45acp (sorry about the wide-angle distortion in the picture - I am working on getting a better camera).

Off the shelf Duty Ammo HST

This is Standing - 2 hand hold. (no bench rest).

After banging steel at 50 yards over the summer, coming back to 25 yards (and indoors for the winter) almost seems "easy".

What do you think Guys? - Not bad for someone close to retirement age who only started shooting 18 months ago ;-).

Let's see some more targets!

post-5281-0-72926800-1387020193_thumb.jpg

So here's 15 rounds at 10 yards

Posted Image

And then I moved it out to 15

Posted Image

I don't know if this is all that good ...I'm self taught by watching YouTube videos and reading. And I spend a bit of time dry firing. My buddy who's a LEO keeps saying he's going to take me to his training range and teach me like he does his men he's brought in on the force but our schedules just never line up. But I'm happy with it. I look forward to when I can get some real training though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's 15 rounds at 10 yards

71EA93B8-19F4-426A-9F89-BB585B152FB9-128

And then I moved it out to 15

4ACB53A8-30D2-4DFB-95E5-62094BBB2708-128

I don't know if this is all that good ...I'm self taught by watching YouTube videos and reading. And I spend a bit of time dry firing. My buddy who's a LEO keeps saying he's going to take me to his training range and teach me like he does his men he's brought in on the force but our schedules just never line up. But I'm happy with it. I look forward to when I can get some real training though!

Very nice at 45 feet - keep pushing the envolope...I am self taught also. Books, DVD, lots of joyfull practice...Oh yea, and my secreate weopon, when I was a kid all we did around the nieghborhood was play with toy guns - so lots of dry fire ingrained in from way back ;-). Of course today, they would either lock you up or shoot at you if you walk around with a toy gun.

Wow! That is an amazing shot!

More info please:

What gun?

What type amo and caliber?

How long have you been shooting?

Are you professionally involved with Firearms?

Thanks

What gun?  Custom built STI

What type amo and caliber? 40sw handloads with ibejihead bullets

How long have you been shooting?  competitively since '06, overall '01

Are you professionally involved with Firearms?  Nope

Very nice at 45 feet - keep pushing the envolope...I am self taught also. Books, DVD, lots of joyfull practice...Oh yea, and my secreate weopon, when I was a kid all we did around the nieghborhood was play with toy guns - so lots of dry fire ingrained in from way back ;-). Of course today, they would either lock you up or shoot at you if you walk around with a toy gun.

Thanks a lot! I reeeeally want to get in some tactical training with my buddy. But I'm definitely keeping at it.

And I know what you're saying about toy guns and today's society ...ridiculous.

Thanks

What gun?  Custom built STI

What type amo and caliber? 40sw handloads with ibejihead bullets

How long have you been shooting?  competitively since '06, overall '01

Are you professionally involved with Firearms?  Nope

Nice...I am going to try this. I know I can do it, the question is, how often/% of hits....

It requires an amazingly steady hold, do you do anything "special" as far as your approach to the hold to make a shot like that?

lol. That had me and my girlfriend laughing

Glad it put a smile on your face. The Desert Eagle has that Effect..

Watch this smile at the end of this vid. My Daughter Samantha 1st time shooting Desert Eagle. Toned down load..

th_shooting022_zps00fdc18a.jpg

Well I'm not nearly as good as some of you here.  I am fairly happy in the improvements I have made since first touching a gun this past January.  Here are two from this past week shot with my CZ-75B matte stainless 9mm at 7 and 12 yards.

7 yards                                                                                   12 yards

11356550274_13a7f0ab2b_d.jpg11383710616_7c1a1efb61_d.jpg

Nice...I am going to try this. I know I can do it, the question is, how often/% of hits....

It requires an amazingly steady hold, do you do anything "special" as far as your approach to the hold to make a shot like that?

I focus on the target and not the front sight

Well I'm not nearly as good as some of you here.  I am fairly happy in the improvements I have made since first touching a gun this past January.  Here are two from this past week shot with my CZ-75B matte stainless 9mm at 7 and 12 yards.

7 yards                                                                                   12 yards

11356550274_13a7f0ab2b_d.jpg11383710616_7c1a1efb61_d.jpg

You are doing great in such a short time...The path to Enlightenment via Marksmanship is a journey, not an event. :-)

vuqy4aty.jpg

Here's another 15 rounds at 10 yards. I was at Shore Shot today with my .45 XD 5" Tactical. This gun is pretty accurate IMO.

Here's 30 rounds (15 at the head, 15 at the center of the body) at 15 yards. Uuuuuh don't know what happened with the one shot to the bottom LOL

ra9upyse.jpg