Combat Auto

Post Your Used Pistol Targets!

Okay today was my second day out with the new 1911. I was out side with good lighting so I have no excuse other than I was pretty cold lol. It turns out shooting pistols just standing is really hard. I shot this one at 15 yards exactly but bending over a little and resting my forearms on a small table. Its 7 rounds, three of them are in the same hole.

untitledpng15yardsresting_zps1f6dd449.pn

Okay today was my second day out with the new 1911. I was out side with good lighting so I have no excuse other than I was pretty cold lol. It turns out shooting pistols just standing is really hard. I shot this one at 15 yards exactly but bending over a little and resting my forearms on a small table. Its 7 rounds, three of them are in the same hole.

untitledpng15yardsresting_zps1f6dd449.pn

Nice start! Pistol Marksmenship is a Journy of discovery :-)...Nice blaster you have there. I am a 1911 guy. I have one of the best most "advanced" 1911s out there (a wilson tactical elite - see my original post on this thread), a 1911 WW1 replica from Turnbull (which has very minimal sights, no checkering on the front/back of the grip, etc. - which makes it a challange to shoot) and a couple in between. 1911's are fantastic and up there on the top of the food chain on accuracy (all other things equal).

What model is that 1911? I see you have checkering on the back of the grip but not the front. Is that a choice or how it comes?

Nice start! Pistol Marksmenship is a Journy of discovery :-)...Nice blaster you have there. I am a 1911 guy. I have one of the best most "advanced" 1911s out there (a wilson tactical elite - see my original post on this thread), a 1911 WW1 replica from Turnbull (which has very minimal sights, no checkering on the front/back of the grip, etc. - which makes it a challange to shoot) and a couple in between. 1911's are fantastic and up there on the top of the food chain on accuracy (all other things equal).

What model is that 1911? I see you have checkering on the back of the grip but not the front. Is that a choice or how it comes

That is the Springfield Range Officer. Very nice gun for the price MSRP 850 can be had cheaper. (this is not my pic or gun just know the gun as I have the same one). Yes that is the way the gun comes. Springfield wanted something that could be used for variuos compition with very little extra needed so it comes with adjustable target sights a holster two mags and a mag pouch

Hey Combat Mikey is right on, its an awesome pistol. It also comes with an awesome custom fitted case, tools to completely break it down except for the sights, instructions, a flag and a cleaning brush.

The finish is kinda weak though, I scratched the $#!+ out of the right side of it yesterday and almost cried. All my other guns are over ten years old, were less than $250 and have literally thousands of rounds through them and not a single scratch. My first thousand dollar gun, second day out and it looks like a corvette that was parked in the city... sad face

That is the Springfield Range Officer. Very nice gun for the price MSRP 850 can be had cheaper. (this is not my pic or gun just know the gun as I have the same one). Yes that is the way the gun comes. Springfield wanted something that could be used for variuos compition with very little extra needed so it comes with adjustable target sights a holster two mags and a mag pouch

Hey Combat Mikey is right on, its an awesome pistol. It also comes with an awesome custom fitted case, tools to completely break it down except for the sights, instructions, a flag and a cleaning brush.

The finish is kinda weak though, I scratched the $#!+ out of the right side of it yesterday and almost cried. All my other guns are over ten years old, were less than $250 and have literally thousands of rounds through them and not a single scratch. My first thousand dollar gun, second day out and it looks like a corvette that was parked in the city... sad face

Mikey, Louu, Thanks for the info.

Check out this Blaster - a WW1 1911 Replica from Turnbull Manufacturing...Beautifull Blueing (not the best camera though). Note, how small the sights are, and no back or front checkering on the grip. Note the small beavertail in the back. Trigger is super crisp nice but a little heavy...A challange to shoot with the sights and minimal grip but I was able to shoot a 4" group with off the shelf ball at 25 yards first time out (standing two hand hold) so I was very happy with it (as a comparison, my best group is 2.5" at 25 yards with my Wilson and Duty ammo). The gun is so much fun to shoot and really makes you concentrate on fundimentals. Can't wait to get her in front of some steel when it gets warmer.

That is my authentic navy uniform, from way, way, back in the day :-).

post-5281-0-94028200-1388187987_thumb.jpg

Not as impressive as some have posted already, but given that I got my first handgun only around a month ago, I'd take it...

10 yards with my new CZ 75 SP-01, roughly 15 shots

Apparently my hands get tired very quickly - first 5-6 rounds go mostly where they should go, but after that everything goes slightly below the point of aim...

2929oc8.jpg

Not as impressive as some have posted already, but given that I got my first handgun only around a month ago, I'd take it...

10 yards with my new CZ 75 SP-01, roughly 15 shots

Apparently my hands get tired very quickly - first 5-6 rounds go mostly where they should go, but after that everything goes slightly below the point of aim...

2929oc8.jpg

FWIW, after your first 6 rounds, you might be starting to "flinch". This is where your subconcious starts anticipating the recoil and your arms tighten up which moves the pistol at instant of fire...Every shooter does it to some degree - more experince shooters after several hundred rounds as the body mind gets fatigued...As a new shooter you are doing great, look into the flinch concept, be aware of it, manage it - and keep up the great work...I am not saying absolutly that this is what is happening in your case, but there is a very good chance it is...There is plenty of discussion about it on the internet so google it - also excercises and techniques to tame it....Also check if your grip is moving after the first 6 rounds.

Mikey, Louu, Thanks for the info.

Check out this Blaster - a WW1 1911 Replica from Turnbull Manufacturing...Beautifull Blueing (not the best camera though). Note, how small the sights are, and no back or front checkering on the grip. Note the small beavertail in the back. Trigger is super crisp nice but a little heavy...A challange to shoot with the sights and minimal grip but I was able to shoot a 4" group with off the shelf ball at 25 yards first time out (standing two hand hold) so I was very happy with it (as a comparison, my best group is 2.5" at 25 yards with my Wilson and Duty ammo). The gun is so much fun to shoot and really makes you concentrate on fundimentals. Can't wait to get her in front of some steel when it gets warmer.

That is my authentic navy uniform, from way, way, back in the day :-).

Love Turnbull stuff. Cylinder and Slide made one a few years back that was done to the blueprint of the original browning drawings looked really cool. Iike the color case hardened turnbull ar10 so good looking. One day I will have the money for some nice 1911's right now the Range Officer is a great gun. :)

This was my first time out with my new S&W E series 1911 that Santa left in my stocking ;-) 7 yards on the left and 10 on the right. I'm really trying to shoot both eyes open. I find some days it just clicks for me and other days my eyes just bug out and have a hard time focusing. I'm enjoying the learning process though. Nothing formal just practice and the Google.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

A cousin of the other bastard revolver, my S&W Governor. This is all .45 ACP.

Starting top left, bottom left, bottom right, center.

Using the factory laser. The 4 outside the black are double action, all the rest are SA.

And I don't remember if this was at 25' or the end of the indoor range at CJ.

SampW_Governor_target_b_zps09e37663-1.jp

post-6329-0-85798100-1388872679_thumb.jpg

A mix of both .45 (from my Springfield 1911) and .357 (from my Colt)

50 rounds of .45 shot off-hand, and about 75 rounds of .357, shot 1 and 2 hand; all double action

All shot at 25 yards

OK, I didn't shoot the group.  It's the factory test target that came with the gun, fired from a machine rest.  But still, that's a 0.04" c-t-c group for 5 shots fired from 10 meters (33 feet).   Nothing outshoots a precision air gun at short range (though the price of the high-end competition guns does give one pause).     The FWB Model 2 was the best of the best a couple of decades ago, though the technology has advanced since that time.

post-6308-0-69901300-1390274112_thumb.jpg