Howard

The Solution to Car Jackings

Wow just heard on the news that most of these car jackings happen between 3pm and mid-night. So, their solution to prevent them was that you should alter your behavior to do your shopping before 3pm to protect yourself. Is that what we have come down to in the People's Republic of NJ, we the honest citizens have to work around the schedules of criminals who all pack heat? Time to educate the masses that good guys carrying guns in this state will protect even those that choose not too.

Wow just heard on the news that most of these car jackings happen between 3pm and mid-night. So, their solution to prevent them was that you should alter your behavior to do your shopping before 3pm to protect yourself. Is that what we have come down to in the People's Republic of NJ, we the honest citizens have to work around the schedules of criminals who all pack heat? Time to educate the masses that good guys carrying guns in this state will protect even those that choose not too.

What happens when criminals alter their "work" schedules to better fit our shopping schedules?

holy crap. link please.....this sounds like part of NJ's ever-fukked transition into pussification....god awful logic on their part

No link, it was actually a commentator on believe it or not - FoxNews this morning :(

I always like that the information that's put out for the public good always gives safety tips that are designed to make sure the criminals target someone else.  As if our elected officials aren't just shifting who is going to be a victim.

What happens when criminals alter their "work" schedules to better fit our shopping schedules?

LOL to that!  Maybe malls should start closing at 3:00 PM, to force criminals to get to work earlier.

BTW, why is no one connecting the dots to the obvious solution that we should be allowed to defend ourselves?

They had the wife looking at mug shots for hours, yet no media that I have read or heard gives any description of the offenders, and no photos from any survallance cameras in the papers, could we do any more to not catch these people?

If there is no security camera footage, then there should, at least, be an "artist's composite" drawing by now... This is messed up! 

Should we also run in a zig-zag pattern like they told us to do during the DC Sniper murders?

Maybe wear coats with "Take my stuff! Don't Shoot!" on the front and back?

Maybe we should pass a law that everybody not carrying a firearm is required to wear a sheep hide and everybody carrying a gun (including cops, but not criminals) is prohibited from wearing one. Since the criminals would feel safer with whom they select to attack it would probably result in a little more safety for the flock being shorn. Bahhhh.

My solution to the carjackings:

I drive an old truck. Recently it burst into flames in my driveway, so I fixed the wiring, replaced all of the burnt plastic pieces and continue to drive it. I feel completely safe parking my truck in Newark. 

My solution to the carjackings:

I drive an old truck. Recently it burst into flames in my driveway, so I fixed the wiring, replaced all of the burnt plastic pieces and continue to drive it. I feel completely safe parking my truck in Newark. 

My solution is even more elegant.  I drive a Prius.  No self respecting car jacker would want to be caught dead in a Prius :)

As if to say if everyone did that the criminals would continue their present behavior and patrol malls all by themselves....Rediculous on so many levels.

Unless somebody "ordered" a Range Rover for overseas delivery, who in their right minds would want to take the chance of stealing one?  They stick-out like a red herring!  Now an Audi or a BMW I could see, since that area is LOADED with them, but a Range Rover?  And then drive it to a Newark Hood?  Sounds like amateur hour!  The media did say that the two Perps were black (as of a few hours after the shooting).  But no description of clothes, any scars, etc.

The Mall owner probably doesn't want to come out and admit to the media that the parking deck is a blind spot, since each store does it's own internal security / loss prevention.  Can you see the law suit now from the Widow?  

Maybe a couple armed TSA Agents at the Malls would be a better use of manpower instead of felling-up Nuns and kids going on vacation to the Caribbean?

My solution is even more elegant.  I drive a Prius.  No self respecting car jacker would want to be caught dead in a Prius :)

I don't know about that. My truck is 5000x easier to steal (one flathead screwdriver and knowledge of Ford starter solenoids) but...

20130725_191201_zpsc0394b91.jpg

I have a Smart ForTwo. No chance I'm getting jacked.

That and I'm very diligent about observing my surroundings.

Here is your choice,    carry and go to jail,  or don't carry and get killed...... it may come to that someday...

Unfortunately, it's not really much of a choice.  If the guy had been carrying illegally, he would have had a chance to save his life.  But had he been successful, he would have been facing hard prison time for felony arrests, both for possession of a weapon and for any injuries or worse he might have caused.  

God, this state just sucks!