AlexTheSane

Help me pick a car...

Nobody has mentioned Range Rover yet? I hear they're popular and customer service is great. In fact I read somewhere that a dealer in Newark went all the way to Short Hills to pick one up...

Funny. Might be too soon, but funny.

We had one for 18 months. 'Nuff said. Traded it in for an Explorer. Currently around 160k miles with less than $2k into non-wearable maintenance since 2005. I'm trying to get the wife to trade it in, but she doesn't want to since it's been so good to us.

So I've written off the Dodge Journey and am planning to test drive the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited and a 2014 Honda Pilot EX-L.

We get the Pilots in our shop all the time.................. for normal maintenance ......LOL   Seems like they never need repairs.....  

Just one point in case it matters to you Alex. If mileage is a concern, just realize that the Pilot is a bigger, heavier vehicle than the others and doesn't get as good mileage as the Hyundai or Kia. Not to say the Pilot isn't a good choice, but the mileage is a factor for some.

Not yet.  I'm planning on hitting a KIA and Honda dealership next week.

End of month and end of the year is usually a great time to buy a car. I would also vote for a Honda, the wife has them and loves them.