Sign in to follow this  
Fishpaw

Anyone want a Diner for free?

I used to live rite across the street from this diner.  It is in really rough shape and most likely will fall victim to the wrecking ball.  It would be nice to see someone relocate and restore it.  Unfortunately Wawa is involved.  They dont wait for anything when it comes to construction. 

Ken

Been driving past this place for years. Would make a neat clubhouse for the NJGF.....

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9367843

Man I thought you were offer to take me out to dinner when I read the title,,,,,lol, I am tired, and too much gun powder after a day at Easton

A Wawa takes 3 years to build in NJ...It's not like anything can happen quickly in NJ when it comes to commercial development. And Wawa is pro concealed carry where allowed. 

Not around here they dont.  Once they get their approval they move FAST.  They will spare no expense to get a store open quickly. 

Ken

Reminds me of the Toms diner on Route 46 in Ledgewood. Pretty sure it was in the Cyndi Lauper video.

Unrelated, but you HAVE to try White Manna.

Yes, The diner at the Ledgewood circle, across where the old drive-in and some go-go bar that had smiley face logo was. Was in a Cyndi Lauper video, my uncle used to own the Sunoco gas station on the corner in front of the strip mall where Ramseys (?) and the bowling alley was. Its been about 28yrs since then, I think. man it been a while wow

Wasn't the hub cap place across from Baker's Basin, around where the red roof is?

I thought he was further up by the quaker bridge mall?  That whole corridor of rt1 has changed so much since I was a kid.  I remember when most of the htings on Rt1 one werent.  That diner has been there forever though!

Ken

I do remember the junk guy at the Ledgewood circle. He was somewhere between the strip club and McDonalds. If you Google it you can find him.

I was young when they got rid of the circle. I'm going to guess 10 arbitrarily. I remember bugging my parents to always bring me there but it was always a firm no. One of my friends went there and bought a Schwinn Stingray, I was obviously jealous. Junk places are cool.

Also the original Sandwiches Unlimited was right there too. I remember being there once and it was old and hokey IIRC.

Edit: here's a link. I would format it but I'm on my phone