Celraysoda

Anybody know old currency values?

I did a notary job and was paid in a whole bunch of red seal $2 bills. Some have a star in front of the serial numbers. All different conditions. I did some research and see that they can be worth $2-$60 each. Anybody here know old currency and that could possibly make a fair offer?

-Thanks!

Are they silver certificates?  I'd say look at the series date, then check on collector websites or ebay completed auctions for the values.  I was never as big on paper money, as when I did coin collecting, I was a kid and could only really afford mostly...um...coins...(though I do have 3c, 5c, 10c, 25c, and 50c bills)  There are books for coin values, I'm sure that there are books and online guides now to get a fair idea of values.

Are they silver certificates?  I'd say look at the series date, then check on collector websites or ebay completed auctions for the values.  I was never as big on paper money, as when I did coin collecting, I was a kid and could only really afford mostly...um...coins...(though I do have 3c, 5c, 10c, 25c, and 50c bills)  There are books for coin values, I'm sure that there are books and online guides now to get a fair idea of values.

Red seal bills are not silver certificates.  Silver certificate bills have a silver seal, red seal bills have a red seal.  From what I understand, they are uncommon like silver certificates are, but do not have as much of an increase in value.

They're worth about $2 unless they are pristine condition or oddballs like star notes. Awhile back I got $40 worth at the bank of 1953s IIRC.

Yes, a few of them have the star before the serial number. Even if I get $2.01 for some of them, I will be happy. I was short changed on the notary job...he claimed he had no more money even after the attorney and I agreed on a fee.

Yes, a few of them have the star before the serial number. Even if I get $2.01 for some of them, I will be happy. I was short changed on the notary job...he claimed he had no more money even after the attorney and I agreed on a fee.

I'll buy them from you if you want to sell. I'll save them for my kid.

Or trade for ammo.