Bully

AAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!! I didn't want to buy anymore guns...

Rumors been that Jerry has been trying to get this done for years and years now, but smith was reluctant. Nice to see they finally caved, I think it'll be a good seller, and is a great choice for the new USPSA minor change.

Though, now - I feel like I'm getting ripped for building a custom gun out of a 4" 627 into a 6.5" barrel with ti cylinder. 

Also, if the price point is crazy and your really set on having a 9mm revolver, you can have your cylinder converted over to chamber 9mm at TK Customs for around 200 bucks I think.

I wonder what the barrel is slugged out to, you'd assume .355, but I wonder if they are using .357 barrels, who knows. 

Rumors been that Jerry has been trying to get this done for years and years now, but smith was reluctant. Nice to see they finally caved, I think it'll be a good seller, and is a great choice for the new USPSA minor change.

Though, now - I feel like I'm getting ripped for building a custom gun out of a 4" 627 into a 6.5" barrel with ti cylinder. 

Also, if the price point is crazy and your really set on having a 9mm revolver, you can have your cylinder converted over to chamber 9mm at TK Customs for around 200 bucks I think.

I wonder what the barrel is slugged out to, you'd assume .355, but I wonder if they are using .357 barrels, who knows.

I would also imagine .355. If this gun is as pricey as I think it'll be, I can't imagine that they would put a 357 barrel on it. However from a cost perspective... Let's hope they do the right thing.

I also would prefer a 4" but this looks like a really fun little gun. I can't wait to see it.

C

Let me just add that it cracks me up that they NEVER show the left side of the new guns so as not to expose the "dirty" little lock. Too much.

Hey Smith and Wesson, we ALL know that the lock is there!!!

C

Because this is 9mm it will most likely use moon clips right?

Any revolver chambered for a rimless (or semi-rimmed) cartridge will use moonclips. If case length is correct they could be fired without, but then extraction becomes problematic.

There are a few exceptions like the S&W model 547 and Charter Arms Pitbull series, but the beauty of moonclips is the rapid reload potential and the ease of recovering your brass.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yeah, like we should believe the title of this thread. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Be thankful for such a beautiful excuse for a new gun.

I've already spoken to my LGS. We shall see. I assume that a part number won't be released until after SHOT.

C

AAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!! I didn't want to buy anymore guns...

Actually you do.  You always have.  You always will.  

Man shooting with a 9mm revolver with a barrel that long and ported would

almost be like cheating.