Sign in to follow this  
FLHX

Sig716 patrol 7.62x51mm?

I have not seen very much on these rifles, has anyone ever used one of seen one? I like the looks and would be happier with and 18in barrel but they seem to be a pretty good value for a Heavy metal rifle.

I haven't even seen a 556 or an x51 rifle from Sig so I have no idea on fit and finish and accuracy but I do like the looks of this one. I am thinking my next rifle will be a 308, 51mm or a bullpup 5.56. So any info on this Sig would be great.

http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/rifles-sig716.aspx

Im very interested in this gun too..I know they sell a factory NJ compl. version...(bull barrel and fixed stock)...from some reading I did the early versions had some issues but everything point to Sig fixing all of it on new versions..curious to see if any of my loval guys can get it ..another gripe online was Sig's lead time on their rifles..seems like a nice package though..quality shouldnt be an issue with Sig

A friend of mine has one.  He sold his REPR to raise cash and bought this with half the money.  He's incredibly satisfied and is a knowledgable gun guy.  For the money I don't see any AR gun comparing and the piston system is supposed to be better than the HK.  I have the small gun and it's fantastic. 

From what I've read @ lightfighter.net it's a pretty solid buy at a sub $2000 pricepoint. I don't have any 1st hand experience with it, I almost bought one last year @ $1700 but I decided to wait for the early adopters to give feedback , I should have pulled the trigger last year!

I certainly wouldn't say the piston is better than HK or LWRC (sig tried to mimic the design of the bcg and piston and were sued by them) which are proven designs.  Sigs are great firearms but there is very little cs or support for US Civie market which has led to many a complaint by end users

I'm a fan of them however, great guns

I have a Sig R716 PATROL, 16" bbl, 1:10 Twist, Quad Rail, MagPul.. Love it. Not a light gun by any means but It packs a wallop in

308 and love the recoil with the piston system. Fit and finish was top notch. Great gun. 

Next rifle I buy will be the smaller 516 most likely. Probably the FDE or Carbon models.