big five

Advice on concealing glock17

I also carry the G27 same holster as Vlad. Comfortable and unseen. I would recommend you the OP not attempt to carry a full size frame. Thats the reason they make a G19 and a G26 if 9mm is your preferred cal. & you carry concealed. I honestly wouldn't want to carry around a G19 either if I could carry a G26 or G27, although it's my preference to shoot the G19 at the range over my G17 or 27/26. IMO a full frame is not a terrific idea for concealed unless you dress in a snow suit or trench coat every day. Remember if someone can tell your carrying or can see any part of your gun thats the same as brandishing. Better bet would be the sub compact.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Personally, carrying a full size gun is a terrific idea.

I carry a full size gun (G35/22/23) in shorts and a t-shirt with no issues, with a reload and a BUG. All of the guys I know that carry all the time (SWAT bros and fellow Cops) do the same - full size guns. These are serious guys that know they want the best possible tool for the job at hand and are willing to adapt to be able to carry it. Unfortunately you can't walk around with a slung long gun very easily, so the next best thing is indicated. You can carry plenty concealed without looking like you joined a cult, carrying a shoulder bag, or compromising effectiveness; especially when it's the matter of an overall ensemble vs. just the equipment and its' carriers. It can be done and it isn't hard. A small concession to your wardrobe and smart selection in holster and belt and you are set.

Seriously, why not carry the gun you shoot the best? You are carrying it because you may need it. If you need it you need to be better than the proverbial "other guy". Why purposefully handicap yourself by carrying a less capable gun or one you perform at a lower level with?

Ask yourself this: If you knew you were going to get in a gunfight in ten minutes no matter what you did, and had every pistol you owned laid out before you and could choose one to defend yourself, which would you pick? A sub-compact or a full size pistol - because that is essentially what you are doing every time you throw your blaster on your belt and walk out the door.

If you want to carry a smaller, lighter, less capable gun because it is "easier" or "more comfortable" or because it is "just in case" or " I probably won't need this today" that's fine. Just be honest about it. It's a mindset issue not a hardware/equipment issue.

i carry a sub compact gun because I carry a gun to defend myself and find it more comfortable.... and at self defense distances I am just as proficient with a 27 as I am my 22.. if I Had any question as to the functionality of the 27 I would not carrying.. 

Personally, carrying a full size gun is a terrific idea.

I carry a full size gun (G35/22/23) in shorts and a t-shirt with no issues, with a reload and a BUG. All of the guys I know that carry all the time (SWAT bros and fellow Cops) do the same - full size guns. These are serious guys that know they want the best possible tool for the job at hand and are willing to adapt to be able to carry it. Unfortunately you can't walk around with a slung long gun very easily, so the next best thing is indicated. You can carry plenty concealed without looking like you joined a cult, carrying a shoulder bag, or compromising effectiveness; especially when it's the matter of an overall ensemble vs. just the equipment and its' carriers. It can be done and it isn't hard. A small concession to your wardrobe and smart selection in holster and belt and you are set.

Seriously, why not carry the gun you shoot the best? You are carrying it because you may need it. If you need it you need to be better than the proverbial "other guy". Why purposefully handicap yourself by carrying a less capable gun or one you perform at a lower level with?

Ask yourself this: If you knew you were going to get in a gunfight in ten minutes no matter what you did, and had every pistol you owned laid out before you and could choose one to defend yourself, which would you pick? A sub-compact or a full size pistol - because that is essentially what you are doing every time you throw your blaster on your belt and walk out the door.

If you want to carry a smaller, lighter, less capable gun because it is "easier" or "more comfortable" or because it is "just in case" or " I probably won't need this today" that's fine. Just be honest about it. It's a mindset issue not a hardware/equipment issue.

you hit the nail on the heas.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

i carry a sub compact gun because I carry a gun to defend myself and find it more comfortable.... and at self defense distances I am just as proficient with a 27 as I am my 22.. if I Had any question as to the functionality of the 27 I would not carrying..

It's not a question of of the gun will function. We are all smart enough to carry a proven weapon.

I carry a gun to defend myself

Right, that's why we all carry a gun.

and find it more comfortable....

And that's why you carry a sub-compact gun.

and at self defense distances I am just as proficient with a 27 as I am my 22...

Just to pick nits and be my usual devil's advocate, what are "self defense distances"? ;) I have never seen you shoot but I know very few people who are as fast and accurate with a G26/27 as a G17/22.

I am curious though, in all seriousness: If you were going to get in an unavoidable gunfight right now and could choose any one of your handguns to defend yourself which would you choose?

While I may not support your choice as my personal selection for carry, at the end of the day, if you are comfortable (physically and mentally) carrying that weapon than rock on. Carry it with confidence. I choose to go another way :)

I carry a full size gun to defend myself and find it more capable. And at all distances I am demonstrably more proficient with a G22 than a G27 in both speed and accuracy.

Regardless it is a good discussion and hopefully gets everyone thinking.

Happy New Year

Edited by High Exposure

It's not a question of of the gun will function. We are all smart enough to not carry a proven weapon.

Right, that's why we all carry a gun.

And that's why you carry a sub-compact gun.

Just to pick nits and be my usual devil's advocate, what are "self defense distances"? ;) I have never seen you shoot but I know very few people who are as fast and accurate with a G26/27 as a G17/22.

I am curious though, in all seriousness: If you were going to get in an unavoidable gunfight right now and could choose any one of your handguns to defend yourself which would you choose?

While I may not support your choice as my personal selection for carry, at the end of the day, if you are comfortable (physically and mentally) carrying that weapon than rock on. Carry it with confidence. I choose to go another way :)

I carry a full size gun to defend myself and find it more capable. And at all distances I am demonstrably more proficient with a G22 than a G27 in both speed and accuracy.

Regardless it is a good discussion and hopefully gets everyone thinking.

Happy New Year

Not agreeing or disagreeing but just your comment made me think about this http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2012/11/baby-glock-26/

Big Performance

What was most surprising with these little guns was that, off the bench, they “outshot” their big brothers. The primary Glock 17 I had at that time would group 3.5 to 4 inches at 25 yards with most loads, better than that with its favorite Winchester 115-grain ammunition…but my little Glock 26 delivered 2.5-inch groups at the same distance, with regularity.

We are all smart enough to not carry a proven weapon.

huh?

I would not carry any.... I hate handguns.. I would carry a carbine.. I only carry a handgun because it is impractical to carry a carbine.., 

self defense distance?

honestly.. for me? I would be surprised if it were further than 10-15 feet MAX.... because past that distance it would be a pretty unusual situation that would require me to be shooting at someone...

I find a handgun to be less than ideal for ALL situations... I really hate them.. like I said I only carry it because the alternative is impractical.. with that said.. I find carrying a full sized glock, spare mags.. a flashlight.. and pepper spray on my person to be less than reasonable... I live in an area that has a less than tiny crime rate... and if you look at violent crime that number is even further reduced... does that mean that I will never need a gun? nope.. it could still happen.. so I carry a gun.. the smallest lightest gun in a caliber that I trust to do the job... I have a flashlight.. spare mag.. and all that.. I am just not lugging that shit around on my person 24 hours a day.. 

I think one of the main reasons I carry a 27 is that I used to carry a 23 with a light... and that was retarded bulky.. so once I switched to the 27 it was so comfortable that it was hard for me to consider myself to carry all that other stuff.. 

sure I am playing the odds.. but so are we all.. 

the reality is you could carry your full size glock.. 4 spare mags.. wearing your vest.. and walk into an armed robbery where there are several individuals shooting on you with rifles... with rounds going THROUGH your cover.. and now you are involved in a shooting contest with rifle rounds...

all the training and full sized handguns in the world aren't going to equal that out.. 

ideally you should be walking around in full armor with a chest rig and rifle... but again.. not really reasonable for anyone.. 

you weigh the potential for need.. and go with that.. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing but just your comment made me think about this http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2012/11/baby-glock-26/

Big Performance

What was most surprising with these little guns was that, off the bench, they “outshot” their big brothers. The primary Glock 17 I had at that time would group 3.5 to 4 inches at 25 yards with most loads, better than that with its favorite Winchester 115-grain ammunition…but my little Glock 26 delivered 2.5-inch groups at the same distance, with regularity.

Interesting article... Personally, I don't find what was reported to be the case but I don't do a lot of bench testing with my pistols, and I have never shot a 2.5" group at 25 yards with any pistol.... On the clock I am faster and more accurate - shooting tighter rapid fire groups - with my full size gun than my sub-compact from the distances I train at, typically 0-25 yards (sometimes 50-100). I would be curious as to what the results would be if you fired a full size and a sub-compact in a "fighting pistol" type class vs a competition where 1-2 rounds on target does it for you. I would like to see someone try a FAST drill, El Pres, and a Bill Drill with a full size and a sub-compact and compare times and scores/hits.

huh?

I would not carry any.... I hate handguns.. I would carry a carbine.. I only carry a handgun because it is impractical to carry a carbine..,

self defense distance?

honestly.. for me? I would be surprised if it were further than 10-15 feet MAX.... because past that distance it would be a pretty unusual situation that would require me to be shooting at someone...

I find a handgun to be less than ideal for ALL situations... I really hate them.. like I said I only carry it because the alternative is impractical.. with that said.. I find carrying a full sized glock, spare mags.. a flashlight.. and pepper spray on my person to be less than reasonable... I live in an area that has a less than tiny crime rate... and if you look at violent crime that number is even further reduced... does that mean that I will never need a gun? nope.. it could still happen.. so I carry a gun.. the smallest lightest gun in a caliber that I trust to do the job... I have a flashlight.. spare mag.. and all that.. I am just not lugging that shit around on my person 24 hours a day..

I think one of the main reasons I carry a 27 is that I used to carry a 23 with a light... and that was retarded bulky.. so once I switched to the 27 it was so comfortable that it was hard for me to consider myself to carry all that other stuff..

sure I am playing the odds.. but so are we all..

the reality is you could carry your full size glock.. 4 spare mags.. wearing your vest.. and walk into an armed robbery where there are several individuals shooting on you with rifles... with rounds going THROUGH your cover.. and now you are involved in a shooting contest with rifle rounds...

all the training and full sized handguns in the world aren't going to equal that out..

ideally you should be walking around in full armor with a chest rig and rifle... but again.. not really reasonable for anyone..

you weigh the potential for need.. and go with that..

Whoops, typo. Sometimes typing on iPhones suck - I edited my original.

I get the feeling that you are avoiding my question by purposefully going outside the intended bounds. You know what I was asking... You chose to answer otherwise. Ok. Cool.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree. Handguns suck, all pistol calibers stink and carbines are the way to go if it gets loud. If I knew I was getting into a gunfight I would prefer a carbine to a pistol any day of the week. Then again, I would also prefer to stay home, or run away, or make sure all my friends were there with their carbines as well....

But as you and I both stated, walking around 24/7 with a carbine slung to our chests carries with it it's own set of difficulties. For the sake of our daily lives we are reduced to carrying a handgun when we leave the house for a number of myriad reasons that we all know and accept. The handgun provides a general sense of protection from reasonable and predictable threats. We can "what if?" all day, some are realistic some aren't. Some we can prepare for, some we realistically can't. So be it - we understand the risks and limitations of our gear choices and how they integrate with our daily life and drive on. So, we choose to be armed with a less capable weapon to provide for our self defense needs. The questions we need to ask are: Do we choose the most capable of the inferior choices or the one that is easiest for us to carry? Is that decision based on "comfort" or a realistic assessment of our skills, environment, and possible threats? How much "inconvenience" are we willing to tolerate to feel "comforted" by our choice in carry peice?

The exaggerated "scenarios" don't help anyone and detract from the discussion. If you can't see the difference in choosing a G35 vs a G27 for CCW (basically 2 fairly similar choices with relatively little difference in personal convenience and preparedness) and deciding to carry a handgun vs. jocking up in full kit to go out in case you get stuck in the middle of the Hollywood Bank Robbery Shootout, I don't know what to tell you... One is a realistic choice, and one is not; one is practical consideration and the other is ridiculous speculation.

Personally, carrying a full size gun, spare mag, BUG and flashlight isn't a hassle for me. It is comforting as well as comfortable. Are there times where the dress code or some other factor limits me to a smaller gun and no BUG? Sure, but that us an exception to the norm.

I don't strive for mediocrity. If I know I am better with one tool over another, I will carry what I am best with. I want every advantage I can get my hands on in a gunfight. To do that takes some forethought because when the fight stars, I have only what I brought with me - in my mind and on my person. I want it to be an unfair fight in my favor. I don't want to just survive a deadly force encounter, I will win, decisively. If necessary and it comes to the use of DPF I will burn the other guy(s) to the ground so there is no question that me and mine are safe.

Edited by High Exposure

you are missing the point.. 

the point is for me personally it is a combination of comfort and what I perceive the risk level to be.. 

the last two times I went to philly for a concert I carried my 23 with a light on the gun and a spare mag.. because the inconvenience of carrying a larger gun that could hold a light and a second mag was worth it based on what I assumed the risk could be... my day to day life in the middle of nowhere PA? I assess the risk at a substantially lower level.. which is why I carry what I am comfortable with.. 

I completely understand that being unreasonable to you.. but again we are different people and judge life differently.. 

do you wear your vest every day? if not why dont you? if you got in a gun fight it would be a huge advantage to have a vest on... the reason I dont wear a vest every day is because it is hot.. and uncomfortable over a long period of time.. and I do not anticipate being shot at on a regular basis... so the comfort outweighs the risk... you do the same thing as I do.. you just decide what is right for you and want it to be right for others.. if you REALLY wanted to be for real prepared you would assume the worst always and carry an AR broken down in a backpack... totally possible.. not even THAT uncomfortable.. but.. ridiculous.. lol so you pass.. and settle for a handgun.. which we both agree is one of the worst tools for shooting at someone.. life is full of settling.. you do it.. I do it.. we all do it.. I just don't want to strap on the "bat belt" to return a DVD to redbox.. lol

I am not missing the point, I am discussing the point.

The choices you or I make don't have to be black or white. You could have one blaster that checks all the boxes for you. Or you could not care a bit and have no regrets about what you carry and how you carry it regardless of your abilities with it. Hell, you could choose what you carry every day by throwing darts at a board. I am not saying anyone's choice is wrong or mine is more right. I am just trying to get folks to think about the choices they make and why they make them.

I have noticed that a lot of people start carrying a gun just to carry a gun. They don't have the mindset (I am not talking about maturity or anything like that but the mindset needed to prevail in a DPF encounter - the "Mean Gene" and a tactical mindset) for it in the beginning. As time goes by and nothing bad happens, complacency sets in. Guns get smaller, calibers get lighter, the reload gets ditched, situational awareness goes down and carrying becomes a thoughtless habit instead if a conscious choice for self defense. "Ostrich syndrome" starts to replace critical thinking when making decisions and forward thinking gives way a reliance on personal history and gun shop dogma - "It didn't happen before so it won't happen in the future" "Chances are slim" "It's a good neighborhood" "I won't really need it, it's just in case" "It's good enough" "Most of the time all you need to do is show it and the bad guy runs away".

Again, not saying this is anyone in particular, none of this is personal, it is just an observation I have noticed over the last 10 years or so. I have found that healthy discussion and getting people to think about what they are doing is the best way to combat this issue. I know it keeps me from being complacent, and make me constantly evaluate my gear, carry style, training methods and mindset.

I know you and I have different criteria for carrying, different motivations for being prepared, and different ideas on how to go about doing it the best way for each of us.

No, I don't wear a vest when I am off. And again, that is apples to baseballs. The decision to carry a gun has already been made. The commitment to the concessions to successfully CCW has been settled in our minds and reconciled as acceptable to ourselves, our families and the public (even if they don't know we are carrying). Either way you are carrying a gun, the choice now is simply which gun.

The decision to wear a vest is a completely different set of circumstances. The difference in "comfort" between wearing a vest and not wearing a vest is not even close to choosing between carrying a G27 and a G23/22. How much difference is it really to carry a G22/23 instead of a G27? A few ounces and a little bulk. For an advantage in a gunfight, I will take that trade. Carrying a larger gun that I feel I am a better shooter with won't make my friends or family think I am weird and it won't scare the sheeple like wearing a vest would.

I am not missing the point, I am discussing the point.

The choices you or I make don't have to be black or white. You could have one blaster that checks all the boxes for you. Or you could not care a bit and have no regrets about what you carry and how you carry it regardless of your abilities with it. Hell, you could choose what you carry every day by throwing darts at a board. I am not saying anyone's choice is wrong or mine is more right. I am just trying to get folks to think about the choices they make and why they make them.

I have noticed that a lot of people start carrying a gun just to carry a gun. They don't have the mindset (I am not talking about maturity or anything like that but the mindset needed to prevail in a DPF encounter - the "Mean Gene" and a tactical mindset) for it in the beginning. As time goes by and nothing bad happens, complacency sets in. Guns get smaller, calibers get lighter, the reload gets ditched, situational awareness goes down and carrying becomes a thoughtless habit instead if a conscious choice for self defense. "Ostrich syndrome" starts to replace critical thinking when making decisions and forward thinking gives way a reliance on personal history and gun shop dogma - "It didn't happen before so it won't happen in the future" "Chances are slim" "It's a good neighborhood" "I won't really need it, it's just in case" "It's good enough" "Most of the time all you need to do is show it and the bad guy runs away".

Again, not saying this is anyone in particular, none of this is personal, it is just an observation I have noticed over the last 10 years or so. I have found that healthy discussion and getting people to think about what they are doing is the best way to combat this issue. I know it keeps me from being complacent, and make me constantly evaluate my gear, carry style, training methods and mindset.

I know you and I have different criteria for carrying, different motivations for being prepared, and different ideas on how to go about doing it the best way for each of us.

No, I don't wear a vest when I am off. And again, that is apples to baseballs. The decision to carry a gun has already been made. The commitment to the concessions to successfully CCW has been settled in our minds and reconciled as acceptable to ourselves, our families and the public (even if they don't know we are carrying. Either way you are carrying a gun, the choice now is simply which gun. The decision to wear a vest is a completely different set of circumstances.

IMO you are just spinning it.. you want to carry 

flash light 

full size gun

extra mags

back up gun

but stop at a vest? why... in your own words you stated you wanted to be BEST prepared for the WORST encounter.. you wanted to make it an unfair fight to your benefit..

you can not for one second say that adding a vest to your gear would not accomplish all that.. but at some point you draw the line.. you decide I am just not going to do that because as much as it would help.. the likelihood of needing that is more on the low side.. 

if I told you today you WILL be in a gun fight.. with complete certainty... would you wear a vest? sure.. of course you would (I know I would)..

in the same way that if I KNEW I was going to be in a shootout today I would have a full size glock.. 3 15 round mags and the 22 round mag in the gun.. assuming I could not carry a carbine..

but I am not going to walk the streets like I am on my way to a gun comp.... because you guessed it.. I find it impractical.. 

just to speak to the mindset you talk about.. I live with my fiance.. so between us I own 6 guns.. 

one AR in 308... a shotgun.. 2 AR15s.. and 2 handguns...

I do not collect guns.. while I do enjoy shooting.. I own guns primarily for the what if... I do not throw an unloaded glock 27 in my pocket and mindlessly stroll about my life... but I also do not walk around with my hand on the gun scowling at every person I meet wondering what nefarious activity they are up to.. in the same breath I do not assume safety simply because of where I live.. but I do look at probability.. 

philly.. camden.. sure.. my choice of gun and equipment would be far different than the middle of nowhere PA.. not because bad things can't happen here.. but because they are less likely to happen here.. and that is where I think our mindset differs... 

I am not spinning anything.

I could walk up to you with my normal day to day carry - G35/22/23, a spare mag, BUG, and flashlight and shake your hand and you would never know I was carrying any of it - Summer or winter. Doesn't look like I am going to a comp. There is no scowling involved, no hand on my gun, no scrutinizing everyone I see. Just a guy walking down the street like everyone else.

Wearing a vest would be another story. Hard to conceal, unnatural movements, constant adjusting, you will pick that out a mile away. That's impractical, and defeats the Concealed part of CCW. This whole "vest situation" that you brought up is really a red herring in the discussion we are having. Wearing a vest wile CCWing is not considered a normal practice by anyone I know. Deciding to carry the gun I shoot the best on me instead of one I shoot less well is a completely practical decision that many people make every day, deciding to wear a vest in case I get shot is a horse of a different color entirely. Why stop at the vest, why not a helmet? And ear-pro?

Your right, a line is drawn at some point or we would all build bunkers and wait for "the big one". We all do it. Never denied that. There is a reasonableness to where the line is drawn that is based on common accepted practices, concealability, practicality, conceivable and realistic threats, and quality of life. As you approach the threshold where these criteria and qualities are drastically impacted then certain decisions have to be made. The impact of deciding to carry a G23 instead of a G27 (either way you are wearing a gun) is miniscule - we are talking ounces and inches here - compared to the impact of wearing a vest or not.

Our idea of the minimal accpetable gear we carry is different. Again, that's fine, I get it, not saying you or I are right or wrong, just that what you do and what you think is different from what I do and what I think.

I am not spinning anything.

I could walk up to you with my normal day to day carry - G35/22/23, a spare mag, BUG, and flashlight and shake your hand and you would never know I was carrying any of it - Summer or winter. Doesn't look like I am going to a comp. There is no scowling involved, no hand on my gun, no scrutinizing everyone I see. Just a guy walking down the street like everyone else.

Wearing a vest would be another story. Hard to conceal, unnatural movements, constant adjusting, you will pick that out a mile away. That's impractical, and defeats the Concealed part of CCW. This whole "vest situation" that you brought up is really a red herring in the discussion we are having. Wearing a vest wile CCWing is not considered a normal practice by anyone I know. Deciding to carry the gun I shoot the best on me instead of one I shoot less well is a completely practical decision that many people make every day, deciding to wear a vest in case I get shot is a horse of a different color entirely. Why stop at the vest, why not a helmet? And ear-pro?

Your right, a line is drawn at some point or we would all build bunkers and wait for "the big one". We all do it. Never denied that. There is a reasonableness to where the line is drawn that is based on common accepted practices, concealability, practicality, conceivable and realatic threats, and quality of life. As you approach the threshold where those qualities are drastically impacted then certain decisions have to be made. The impact of deciding to carry a G23 instead of a G27 (either way you are wearing a gun) is miniscule - we are talking ounces and inches here - compared to the impact of wearing a vest or not.

Our idea of the minimal accpetable gear we carry is different. Again, that's fine, I get it, not saying you or I are right or wrong, just that what you do and what you think is different from what I do and what I think.

pics and rig details of you carrying a full size gun.. a back up gun.. spare mags.. and a light.. without any of it showing...

it doesn't count if you are wearing an XXXXXXXL button up.. 

don't mean it to be rude..

I am being serious on this.. I can not imagine carrying all that stuff on a regular basis.. 

is there ever a point where you do NOT roll with all that gear... a quick cup of coffee at WAWA? dropping off a video at the red box? or do you just carry ALL that ALL the time..  again.. being serious.. 

I am not posting pics of me to satisfy your curiosity. Sorry. Believe me or not, don't care. Just because you can't imagine it doesn't make it not so. Don't mean to be rude either.

BUG: G27 on Ankle or Kahr PM9 on ankle or in a pocket or very rarely a Ruger LCP in a pocket

Light: FourSevens Quark clipped to front left pocket

Pistol: G35/22/23 in DeSantis Scorpion or CompTac Minotaur IWB at 4:00-4:30

Mag: One 15 round Glock .40 S&W mag at 9:00 in CompTac mag pouch

As I said previously, no that's not all the time, but it IS most of the time. Sometimes it's just the Kahr AIWB, 2 Kahr mags at 9:00 and the LCP in a pocket. Sometimes the G35/22/23 is in a Raven with X300U. It is a system, an "ensemble", that is adaptable to what I am wearing and what I am doing.

My newest carry gun will be a Glock 26 as 9mm is a lot more practical in sub guns, as for holsters my main rig set up is an M&P Shield in a White Hat IWB at 3 o'clock

How do you like your white hat? I have one sitting at home for a 686+

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

I've carried the 17, 19, and 26 concealed over the past 15 years. I was about your size when I started doing so. There is little difference between the 26 and 19 as far as CC goes. There is also not much between the 17 and 19. I carried a 17 concealed for over 5 years on a daily basis at work. The 17 can be carried concealed easily in a IWB and a loose fitting T shirt or golf shirt. If you're wearing something like a hawaiian shirt you can even use an OWB holster.

I always used a minimalist IWB like a Milt Sparks Summer Special. I find those big paddle type holsters (see post 28) uncomfortable and just give you more to hide. I've used a DeSantis Speed Scabbard (without the safety strap) as a OWB for any concealed carry.

As far as size of gun and size of person I know a 4-10 85 lb agent who carried a 17 concealed all the time. You can do just about anything if ou work at it. The only thing the 26 excels at in CC is in an ankle holster.

You can conceal it by getting a g 26! Or even a 19.

Lol. Any excuse to get a new gun!

I hear you on the any excuse thing...

But in reality it's the GLOCK thickness that is the problem not the barrel or grip length.

I don't find it easier to conceal a G26 than a G19 or even a G34.

The best GLOCK to conceal is a Kahr PM9.  Open it up..It's a damned GLOCK.

How do you like your white hat? I have one sitting at home for a 686+

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

I like it my only thing was when I got it I had to place my gun in it the heat it up with a hair drier and detent the kydex inside the trigger guard as the gun would fall out of it if I didn't

Keep in mind, I look at the G27 and PM9 primarily as BUGs, they rarely ever get carried as a primary. I also don't assign the same criteria to the selection of a BUG as I do primary carry pieces so my answers are from that frame of reference.

That being said, which one I prefer depends....

I find myself carrying the G27 more at work and the PM9 more off-duty.

At work, when in uniform and carrying a G22 I like the G27 because the G22 mags will work, even though the Kahr is a bit more comfy on the ankle. If I am doing something that precludes ankle carry, then the PM9 goes on the vest or in a pocket.

Off duty, I prefer the Kahr on my ankle to the G27. The holster I use at work for the G27 is a "Bootlock" model that laces to your boot, giving a lot of support and adding some padding. Much more comfy than my regular ankle holster.

The G27 is heavier, thicker, a little harder to shoot, and has a higher capacity.

The PM9 is lighter, thinner, easier to shoot, and has a lower capacity.

In spite of all that, if I could only have one it would probably be the Glock, primarily for the mag compatability.

Looks like something the Jack Nicholson version of the Joker would carry lol.

I either apendix or 3'o'clock it. I have practiced a lot. Lol I love that pistol its fun to see pe I ples faces at the range. Its a forgotten glock.

I either apendix or 3'o'clock it. I have practiced a lot. Lol I love that pistol its fun to see pe I ples faces at the range. Its a forgotten glock.