maintenanceguy

Where will you find your survival information?

Recently I've been thinking how much I depend on the internet.  I use it to learn any new skill that I'm interested in.  I use it to stay in touch with everyone.

There are several SHTF scenarios where it would benefit to government if we all had a hard time getting information and communicating.   Or at least scenarios where they would prefer that the only available information was their message.  I would be shocked if there wasn't already a plan on a shelf somewhere for taking down the internet and one for limiting internet access to "approved" information.  Do you have a communication or information backup plan?

Recently I've been thinking how much I depend on the internet.  I use it to learn any new skill that I'm interested in.  I use it to stay in touch with everyone.

There are several SHTF scenarios where it would benefit to government if we all had a hard time getting information and communicating.   Or at least scenarios where they would prefer that the only available information was their message.  I would be shocked if there wasn't already a plan on a shelf somewhere for taking down the internet and one for limiting internet access to "approved" information.  Do you have a communication or information backup plan?

I have a bunch of material available on my local computer and my kindle.  I also have a genset so if the utility power is out, I still can get to it.  Most of it has already been digested, so I don't need the reference materials :)

Books...books...books. Some of my favorites are actually packed in zip-locks. I have my important documents scanned and on USB drives and hard copies also packed in zip-locks.

A mix of hard copy books and stored e-books.

There's already what I think is a big draw-down on what's available for prep info on the web.

Quite a few sites I've downloaded from in the past are gone

I am sure its mostly under the guise of copyright protection, but it really does have the effect of leaving you with really old reference stuff, books you've paid for e copies of, or pirated scanned copies of newer copyrighted works.