NYMetsFan86

Uncle tried to tell me not to put guns on Facebook, .. GFY!, WTF?!

OK so my Uncle pissed me off at our christmas party and it bothered me enough to post this. At the time, I yessed him to death with "I see where your coming from" instead of going on a verbal diarrhea about why he is wrong. I have a cool head and didnt get pissed.

I know most don't give a crap about facebook or don't even have it, and we are all very aware that anything you put there can be viewed by ANY government entity. Let me first add that he runs a satellite communications station that transfers encrypted govt. info back and forth.

before I tell you what happened let me say, he dosent have facebook, and I know this was an attempt to "make me stop posting silly gun stuff" because my aunt or little cousin probably complained to him "Evan is obsessed with guns look at all his scary black rifle posts"

So my Uncle came up to me on Christmas at our family party (after a few cocktails) and said.

HIM: "I want to talk to you about something. You need to calm down with all the gun pictures, amendment stuff and, talking about NJ not having CCW." 

"I am only telling you this because I work in the field and the government watches for people who look radical, I don;t want them to be watching you." "So just stop posting things like that, its not good and you can get in trouble." 

ME: "Interesting, I see where you are coming from"

"Thats how they catch all the Timothy mcVeys of the world, didn't you post a picture of yourself in a full armor carrier with your rifle and pistol and stuff? 

ME: Yes..None of my firearms are illegal, taking pictures of said firearms is also not illegal, and all equipment in that picture is 100% legal....But i guess I see where your coming from

44377399_zpsc583ff5a.jpg

..Thats not even word for word that is the abridged version. 

NONE of what i post on facebook is illegal. In fact, i post things that I expect to be viewed by everyone and anyone to educate all the ignorance around us regarding firearms. If it makes you uncomfortable then unfriend me i give precisly no shits whatsoever.

Thank you for the forum venting. Am I the only one who thought he was way out of line? 

Tell your uncle that our founding fathers were considered "radicals". They fought, spoke and gathered support for everything else to get what they wanted. Granted you aren't fighting physically but you are trying to spread the word. I will and have told people that are that radical the other way to STFU

"I am only telling you this because I work in the field and the government watches for people who look radical, I don;t want them to be watching you." "So just stop posting things like that, its not good and you can get in trouble." 

That in and of itself really bothers me.  So if you are not a sheeple, watch out!  Big brother has his eye on you. 

F the gubment.

How could a Met fan be wrong ?  :)

Last I checked the first amendment was on your side and anyone that does not like what you have to post is free to ignore or unfriend you too.  Unless you are making threats or other illegal activities have at it.

Me not having a Facebook page starts arguments with my family members, of all things... About why I don't have a Facebook page.:lol:

The reason I don't have one is because everyone I know has one, and I don't know one person who doesn't get into fights and arguments with friends and family about something they post nonchalantly. It's like your dammed if you do & dammed if ya don't... We all make poor decisions in life (like routing for the Mets:D) standing up for your beliefs isn't a mistake. I just personally don't need a snapshot of my life for everyone to see. I stand behind your decision to help educate those who do not understand that our NJ gun laws are tyrannical and oppressive to law abiding citizens. Don't ever bow to anyone over your beliefs. A lot of blood has been shed for us to have the right to voice our opinions no mater what media you choose to convey your message.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Put this on your face book and tell him I am one of the members of the Militia you command.

Then tell him I said I like his facebook pic and Im into guys.

I can still see a little peace of the red star, no giant teddy bear for you!!!

Also, I would say in today's climate pictures like that on fb, twitter, instagram...are probably not the brightest thing to post....he's right

He's not right. You're both silly. Go browse UZITalk for a few minutes.

You say posting about your rights and grievances is very American and prudent BUT...

Posting a picture of exercising your rights is foolish?

Then you have no rights.

Not for nothing, but I'm with NickJC on this. And I argue pro- 2A stuff ALL DAY long on twitter and FB. But....

If I see a pic like that on FB, my first thought is "If this dude is discharged, why's he still dressed like he's deployed? Is he the infamous IDPA Urban Operator?"

http://thefirearmreport.com/2013/10/an-urban-operators-first-idpa-match-part-1/

Your aunts and uncles, who probably still think of you as 'Little Evan' are looking at that pic and thinking "Little Evan's never been in the Army, wtf's up with all the military gear? People are going to think he's one of those radicals and next time we all travel together, there goes our flight..."

http://rt.com/usa/tsa-arrest-arabic-flashcards-court-845/

http://news.yahoo.com/sock-monkey-s-toy-gun-detained-by-tsa-215850875.html

And Shawn's nosy neighbor is thinking "Uh Oh, time to call the fuzz again!" 

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/father-takes-pictures-of-11-year-old-son-with-ar-15-social-services-demand-entry-to-his-home-and-guns-or-they-will-take-his-kid-away-2598306.html

We need to contact the NJDEP deer department and see if there is some spray we can come up with to sterilize NJ gun owners before their offspring start breeding and telling people in America to keep their mouths shut about their rights or at least speak in hushed tones in private, perhaps in a closet.

He's not right. You're both silly. Go browse UZITalk for a few minutes.

You say posting about your rights and grievances is very American and prudent BUT...

Posting a picture of exercising your rights is foolish?

Then you have no rights.

He has every right to post those pics. 

He also has the right to tell a cop who pulls him over to go assf*ck his own mother.

Neither of those exercises of his rights would be prudent, though both exist and any negative consequences would eventually be resolved in his favor. Probably.

..I don't mean to be offensive.....really I don't...BUT...that picture screams mall ninja....wanna be...etc...you get the point right...your not specops...your not...delta...statedept mobile security...etc...what's the point .....? ..however your choice to buy what gear you want... Again no offense intended.....sorry...

Btw what field is your uncle in?

Also, I would say in today's climate pictures like that on fb, twitter, instagram...are probably not the brightest thing to post....he's right

However that being said....posting about your rights and your grievances etc..is VERY American and prudent...your right to redress grievances should not be quelled...and your right to express your values and thoughts should not be suppressed by fear of government monitoring and retribution .... If its that bad...shoot..you might just need that gear! Where Idid you get it? Lol

None taken, and I respect your opinion, however halloween should allow me to be a mall ninja haha. I got the carrier like new on Fleabay

Not for nothing, but I'm with NickJC on this. And I argue pro- 2A stuff ALL DAY long on twitter and FB. But....

If I see a pic like that on FB, my first thought is "If this dude is discharged, why's he still dressed like he's deployed? Is he the infamous IDPA Urban Operator?"

http://thefirearmreport.com/2013/10/an-urban-operators-first-idpa-match-part-1/

Your aunts and uncles, who probably still think of you as 'Little Evan' are looking at that pic and thinking "Little Evan's never been in the Army, wtf's up with all the military gear? People are going to think he's one of those radicals and next time we all travel together, there goes our flight..."

http://rt.com/usa/tsa-arrest-arabic-flashcards-court-845/

http://news.yahoo.com/sock-monkey-s-toy-gun-detained-by-tsa-215850875.html

And Shawn's nosy neighbor is thinking "Uh Oh, time to call the fuzz again!" 

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/father-takes-pictures-of-11-year-old-son-with-ar-15-social-services-demand-entry-to-his-home-and-guns-or-they-will-take-his-kid-away-2598306.html

I am NOT an urban operator of any kind, i swear lol

Guys this was his Halloween costume Pic he posted

Indeed, and while it is a costume I was fully prepared to endure the comments on this thread...cut me some slack haha

We need to contact the NJDEP deer department and see if there is some spray we can come up with to sterilize NJ gun owners before their offspring start breeding and telling people in America to keep their mouths shut about their rights or at least speak in hushed tones in private, perhaps in a closet.

I guess I'm a capitulator and/or Fudd for thinking that corny ass sh|t like killing paper at 20 paces w/ an ultra-tacticool .22 is umm........  corny.

I'll stand aside now and leave you to the task of saving our rights one mag dump at a time.

FromtheInternet.jpg

Your acting childish and irrational....stop with the minor temper tantrum...let me play devils advocate...

That picture is FOOLISH...that is NOT posting about rights or exercising thereof....that is self aggrandizing ....look at me....almost crying for attention.....really ..look at it... What does it prove...? What does it serve?....granted HIS RIGHT TO POST THAT PIC 100perecent legal.... No laws broken etc...BUT still foolish....his uncle is 100 percent right in speaking to him about it.....

I am sure that most military and police OPERATORS look and laugh....you wanna be THAT...join...work..strive...excel...get on the two way range...... Until then..it's silly...

However....again....speaking out is correct...speaking out and posting pics like your some sort of ..dare.i Say.. A wanna be Rambo....not so much...

People who see those images who are not gun people are IMMEDIATELY TURNED OFF......they see instability and get very afraid..as most Sheeple do....

alrighty....new costume next year, perhaps something a bit more subtle