NYMetsFan86

Uncle tried to tell me not to put guns on Facebook, .. GFY!, WTF?!

Your acting childish and irrational....stop with the minor temper tantrum...let me play devils advocate...

That picture is FOOLISH...that is NOT posting about rights or exercising thereof....that is self aggrandizing ....look at me....almost crying for attention.....really ..look at it... What does it prove...? What does it serve?....granted HIS RIGHT TO POST THAT PIC 100perecent legal.... No laws broken etc...BUT still foolish....his uncle is 100 percent right in speaking to him about it.....

I am sure that most military and police OPERATORS look and laugh....you wanna be THAT...join...work..strive...excel...get on the two way range...... Until then..it's silly...

However....again....speaking out is correct...speaking out and posting pics like your some sort of ..dare.i Say.. A wanna be Rambo....not so much...

People who see those images who are not gun people are IMMEDIATELY TURNED OFF......they see instability and get very afraid..as most Sheeple do....

Calling me names doesn't strengthen your point, it weakens it.

Your first point was that you don't like Rambo pics. I didn't respond to that. Your second point was:

"Also, I would say in today's climate pictures like that on fb, twitter, instagram...are probably not the brightest thing to post....he's right"

I responded to that. Now you call me names and decide to drop that point. That's fine. I'm not going to argue with you.

None taken, and I respect your opinion, however halloween should allow me to be a mall ninja haha. I got the carrier like new on Fleabay

I am NOT an urban operator of any kind, i swear lol

Indeed, and while it is a costume I was fully prepared to endure the comments on this thread...cut me some slack haha

lol.  I really wasn't taking a shot  at your pic or post. Just giving you an example or where your family might be coming from.

(that urban operator story is just hilarious, though  :laugh:)

Your acting childish and irrational....stop with the minor temper tantrum...let me play devils advocate...

That picture is FOOLISH...that is NOT posting about rights or exercising thereof....that is self aggrandizing ....look at me....almost crying for attention.....really ..look at it... What does it prove...? What does it serve?....granted HIS RIGHT TO POST THAT PIC 100perecent legal.... No laws broken etc...BUT still foolish....his uncle is 100 percent right in speaking to him about it.....

I am sure that most military and police OPERATORS look and laugh....you wanna be THAT...join...work..strive...excel...get on the two way range...... Until then..it's silly...

However....again....speaking out is correct...speaking out and posting pics like your some sort of ..dare.i Say.. A wanna be Rambo....not so much...

People who see those images who are not gun people are IMMEDIATELY TURNED OFF......they see instability and get very afraid..as most Sheeple do....

i seldom agree with you....lol ..however this post is 110% spot on...the internet/forums are a magnet for this type of thing....

Saying childish and irrational is NMAE calling... :facepalm:

LOL, no, good point. "Butthurtish" and "Dodging the one point you were criticized on and lashing out defensively" are not "NMAE calling" (id est) either :D

I responded to this:

Also, I would say in today's climate pictures like that on fb, twitter, instagram...are probably not the brightest thing to post....he's right

Stand by it, embrace it, preach it, tell people it's a bad idea to post pics of guns in today's climate, and his Uncle is right, and he better be careful. Shout it from the hills. Double down and explain to my why, since I don't get it, and you can educate me and others here.

Don't dodge it and backtrack and criticize me for cover.

I guess I'm a capitulator and/or Fudd for thinking that corny ass sh|t like killing paper at 20 paces w/ an ultra-tacticool .22 is umm........ corny.

I'll stand aside now and leave you to the task of saving our rights one mag dump at a time.

Posted Image

Damn, never knew they made gear that big/round/stuffed.... Lmao...

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I see both sides, but agree with your Uncle. I am on FB and would never post pictures of what I have. People or the gov't don't need to know what I have (even though the gov't already knows). My close friends know what I have. That being said, I express my 2nd rights and issues all the time on FB. My Uncle does so also and he lives in CO. You have to be smart about what you post anywhere online as it is out there forever.

It is up to you, I would appease him and then do what you want.

Would I post that stuff on FB?  no...  i've liked a number of gun related pages, but never posted a single gun related pic on my page..  but then i also dont use FB all that much and only occasionally post stuff..

do I care if someone ELSE does it?  no...  unless its something illegal, which yours are not.  

Your uncle can say whatever he wants, but at the end of the day, you're an adult and can do whatever you want.  I would literally laugh in the face of a family member if they tried talking crap to me about anything having to do with guns.. but then again, i think many/most of my relatives are conservatives, so i doubt it would come up (except my very anti mother, but she knows enough not to talk to me about it)

I agree with your uncle. I stay off social media. Like him I hold a clearance and work in the aerospace industry. You better believe that your facebook page will be looked at by employers. Being legal is meaningless, Perception is everything, in the real world guns, hunting and shooting are not part of the mainstream anymore. It sucks but that's the real world. Very few people get the job they want working for people that think like they do.  Anything that you post can and will be held against you by people looking for an edge, or those that are weak and afraid. At 59 years old I've held more jobs, owned more guns, been more places then most of you and have seen it happen many times and not just with firearms. If you are different then they are you are a target for contempt and suspicion.

What you do now follows you for the rest of your life. Like tattoo's you may regret it later

I agree with your uncle. I stay off social media. Like him I hold a clearance and work in the aerospace industry. You better believe that your facebook page will be looked at by employers. Being legal is meaningless, Perception is everything, in the real world guns, hunting and shooting are not part of the mainstream anymore. It sucks but that's the real world. Very few people get the job they want working for people that think like they do.  Anything that you post can and will be held against you by people looking for an edge, or those that are weak and afraid. At 59 years old I've held more jobs, owned more guns, been more places then most of you and have seen it happen many times and not just with firearms. If you are different then they are you are a target for contempt and suspicion.

What you do now follows you for the rest of your life. Like tattoo's you may regret it later

+1

When you show too much about yourself online, you narrow down your opportunities. Not only for your next employment, but for life. Nothing's wrong about keeping your private life private.

FTFY---

Perception is everything, in the real world guns, hunting and shooting are not were never part of the mainstream in a lot of NJ anymore especially urban/suburban areas

I don't use facebook because it is gay, have had clearances for 30+ years.If you work/live with people outside of NJ and NYC or any big city, firearms are a normal part of life. I have never been ashamed or feared for my job/career because I chose to support 2A or own firearms. I certainly don't advertize what I have or what I do,because it was beaten into my head years ago from the military about OPSEC and safeguarding classified stuff. This whole Social Media thing with putting your whole life out there all day, every day strikes me as pretty narcissitsic and silly----just my0.02

FTFY---

I don't use facebook because it is gay, have had clearances for 30+ years.If you work/live with people outside of NJ and NYC or any big city, firearms are a normal part of life. I have never been ashamed or feared for my job/career because I chose to support 2A or own firearms. I certainly don't advertize what I have or what I do,because it was beaten into my head years ago from the military about OPSEC and safeguarding classified stuff. This whole Social Media thing with putting your whole life out there all day, every day strikes me as pretty narcissitsic and silly----just my0.02

Love it! Cheers!

He has every right to post those pics. 

He also has the right to tell a cop who pulls him over to go assf*ck his own mother.

Neither of those exercises of his rights would be prudent, though both exist and any negative consequences would eventually be resolved in his favor. Probably.

Now that's funny!!!! And as true as can be!!

or this happens to your image- http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/04/the-complete-idiots-guide-to-speaking-republican/

This is one of many of him that has been Hijacked and used in other material some good and some not so....

The-Complete-Idiots-Guide-To-Speaking-Re