mcbethr

Getting Started in Archery

So my son has finished two of the Hunger Games books and wants to get started in Archery.

Here's the deal.  I have no clue how to shoot a bow an arrow.  I have no clue where I can even buy one or practice shooting.  I think I can go to Dix and rent a bow, but again, I have no idea how to use the darn thing.  It can't be that hard... but their must be more to it than shooting randomly at 

I live in Cherry Hill.  

Does anyone have any tips for a beginner archer?  Is there anyplace around here where my son and I can get training?

So my son has finished two of the Hunger Games books and wants to get started in Archery.

Here's the deal.  I have no clue how to shoot a bow an arrow.  I have no clue where I can even buy one or practice shooting.  I think I can go to Dix and rent a bow, but again, I have no idea how to use the darn thing.  It can't be that hard... but their must be more to it than shooting randomly at 

I live in Cherry Hill.  

Does anyone have any tips for a beginner archer?  Is there anyplace around here where my son and I can get training?

If you make it down to SJSC, Bangers has an indoor archery range and lessons. I haven't done it but people seem happy as I've glanced over while shopping

Find out how serious he is.   To do it right it will cost as much as a nice centerfire rifle.

If he is serious find a proshop and they will be able to tell you everything you need to know and where you can shoot.

I'm in a moderately rural area and shoot in my yard.

PM me and I'll tell you what I can.

I live in Cherry Hill.  

Heritage Guild - Easton also has a full indoor archery facility. But that may be a bit far to travel. 

Your call.  :)

If he is serious about getting into archery a pro shop is were you want to go not to dicks he needs to get measured for his draw length and what lb bow he can smoothly pull back . also shooting a summer league will also be a good idea as I do every year to keep up in the off season of hunting.

John

I'm going to give Bob's a shot, although I don't know if they still have a range after their fire.

I'll also try Sportsman's Center.

I appreciate the suggestions.  This whole thing actually got interesting to me because it's actually kind of disturbing that I don't know how to use a bow.

Although it has been quite a few years since I shot a bow I would be more than happy to get you started if you wanted to take a trip to Range 14, would be a good excuse to get me back into archery as well.

Although it has been quite a few years since I shot a bow I would be more than happy to get you started if you wanted to take a trip to Range 14, would be a good excuse to get me back into archery as well.

I appreciate that.  I may take you up on it.

There is an archery range at Dicks in Paramus (yes, they sell bows and crossbows), it makes sense to check in your local.

Where I have never seen it. I usually go to Targeteers in Saddlebrook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Where is that in the store? I've never noticed that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rt. 17 North, same plaza where Chefs Central and Ramsey Outdoors. Go to the east side of the plaza.

PARAMUS TOWNE SQUARE 240 ROUTE 17, NORTH

201-261-2926

Edit: there used to be Linens n Things in this place

I know where the store is, I work right near there. Where is the archery range IN the store?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sorry got the question wrong. The entrance is where the bows are sold, just a regular door on the left if you face the bows counter. Ask at the counter.

(Or maybe it is Ramsey Outdoors? I think it's Dicks).

Shooters in little egg harbor has a fantastic indoor set up for archery. Also sell lots of archery gear and they do rentals as well.

They have a women there, an experienced archer, that will help kids and adults get started for the first time shooting.

Give bobs a call archery range is open and Butch gives privet lessons 856 881 7575  also Squire Circle has a (open to the Public) archery league starting very soon on Fridays ( may  have started already but feel free to stop buy and join in)  enjoy