Malsua

Big snow in the next 7 days?

There appears to be a pretty major Nor'easter that will hit northern NJ pretty hard coming on Thursday.  My area is looking at upwards of 12+ or so.   South Jersey not so much.

Following on the heels of that one, next Sun/Mon looks to be a whopper, my area could potentially get 20"+, again, Southern Jersey not so much.  All subject to change of course, but right now it looks like old man winter is about to arrive in spectacular fashion.

The down side of snow accumulation on both of these storms looks to be no less than 2-4" on the first and maybe double that on the second.  The Upside totals are 15" on the first and 24" on the second.  

Basically I'm looking at 6" to 39" over the next week. heh!   It will probably be somewhere in the middle, but Thursday night, Friday morning commute is going to stink and Monday will be crappy too.

Snow doesn't make me any money...it earns me good will and food since I plow out my neighbors driveways and keep the road cleaner than the town.

My one neighbor is a great chef and he always thinks of me when he's doing fillet and whatnot.

Anyone know where i can get a fuel bowl gasket in north jersey Bergen County?

#951-11589 for a troy bilt.

make your own with gasket paper from your local auto parts store.  Might be the only way you can get it together in time.

Nevermind - I see it's an Oring

I'm Irish, so Murphy's Law applies...I ordered a replacement shave plate for the snowblower last week, before the forecast. Estimated delivery was today from Ohio. It's been sitting in Parsippany since Saturday morning, and is still there.

The bastards at USPS are potentially making my life hellish.

By the way, in addition to the Facebook site, what weather sites do you all trust? I bounce between weather.com and news.

I'm Irish, so Murphy's Law applies...I ordered a replacement shave plate for the snowblower last week, before the forecast. Estimated delivery was today from Ohio. It's been sitting in Parsippany since Saturday morning, and is still there.

By the way, in addition to the Facebook site, what weather sites do you all trust? I bounce between weather.com and news.

NOAA is fairly accurate, though the website is ugly. I believe Weather Underground primarily uses data from NOAA.

Figures. My snowblower is broken.

Still.. I'd love some snow.

Anyone know how well Drew Brees plays outdoors when it's -10?

Give him a blanket and send him over the bridge to NJ, he'll feel right at home. Confiscate his guns and throw him in a FEMA trailer.

Philadelphia will prevail. It is not the city of FEMA trailer trash, it is The City of Brotherly Love.

And by "Brotherly Love" I don't mean prison stuff.

I used to visit them a lot more until they revamped their website.. it's kind of a mess now.. and the data isn't all that different from NOAA.  Both sites just give you the forecast for a fairly wide area without the details.  It looks like the facebook page above does a much better job of explaining what's happening and what it means.  Phillyweather.net used to do the same thing but they/he shut down back in November.

Only weather I follow, best for NJ hands down https://www.facebook.com/SevereNJwx

Yeah this guy is pretty legit...his Sandy predictions were insanely accurate. I'm looking forward to snow in the jeep. I'm not looking forward to snow days and making days up in June. We'll see what happens. Now get off the forum and start stocking up on milk, bread, and eggs in case the world ends.

Yeah this guy is pretty legit...his Sandy predictions were insanely accurate. I'm looking forward to snow in the jeep. I'm not looking forward to snow days and making days up in June. We'll see what happens. Now get off the forum and start stocking up on milk, bread, and eggs in case the world ends.

Snow day? What's a snow day? ;)

Mark don't forget gas for the generator if you have one! I need to hit Costco, but with today being NYE I might be S.O.L I guess I can trade heat for those with none and plenty of milk, eggs, and bread. :p

I use Intellicast HD, Accuweather HD and ForeFlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Intellicast HD, Accuweather HD and ForeFlight.

I use weather.com Is that bad or something?  No one seems to use it.

They've backed off the more dire predictions for my area on Fri.  Everything is now at 30% chance. We'll see.

I use weather.com Is that bad or something? No one seems to use it.

They've backed off the more dire predictions for my area on Fri. Everything is now at 30% chance. We'll see.

I stopped using weather.com because they were pushing too much stuff to my phone and I could not shut it off. Plus the other sites I use are better for my flight planning needs.

I use weather.com Is that bad or something?  No one seems to use it.

They've backed off the more dire predictions for my area on Fri.  Everything is now at 30% chance. We'll see.

I use accuweather. 

Also, this sucks.  Thankfully I'm in South Jerzy, but this still blows.