Malsua

Big snow in the next 7 days?

Did I just read the severeNJ Facebook right? Now thinking more snow southern and central NJ 6-12" versus Northern areas of the state 4-8". That's what I'm talking about and at least hinting at a real snowstorm.

Yea, hes saying the models keep changing.

I'd like to see another 3 footer.   Since I now have a plow on my truck and a snowblower, I think I' could beat it.  As it was, I was snowed in for about 36  hours.  My 4x4 could move about as far as I shoveled.  The 3 feet was on top of 4 prior storms...so on grass and such, there was already a foot or better before it hit. 

It took a big Komatsu loader to move the snow off the road since it couldn't get pushed anywhere.  That said, I'd have been plowing it all night had I had my truck and plow then and the road would have been clear enough for the town's plows to complete it.

It looked like this: http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/storm10/snow.html

It just might happen...10% chance of holy crap made me LOL

Storm Update: Two streams of energy continue to gravitate towards each other. When they meet, precipitation will explode over New Jersey and reach near blizzard if not blizzard conditions. I'm still thinking 4-8/6-12 inches widespread for the general region with a 10% chance of holy crap. The worst of it will not start until later tomorrow evening. Will have to keep an eye on over-running snow showers from the northern stream of energy. They could throw a little snow down tomorrow before things get cranking. This storm is a live-casting situation from this point on. Be safe! JC

1002041_10152151365528352_2087665823_n.p

Hes added in a "5% chance of dude, where's my car?" LMAO! In all seriousness, it does look like we're gonna get walloped.

Storm Update: Precipitation continues to fill in and should do so by 4PM-7PM today. Get all your driving finished by then. It will then crank tonight and into the early AM hours of tomorrow and clear out by tomorrow afternoon. Widespread 4-8/6-12 inches of snow is still a safe bet. Live-casting will determine who finishes with the highest accumulations (NNJ vs. CNJ vs. SNJ). There is still a small chance of over-performance with this system. We'll give that a 10% chance of holy crap and a 5% chance of dude, where's my car? Be safe everyone! JC

1513258_10152152536173352_478883242_n.pn

Get ready...here she comes...

Heavy snow is circled in red and heading straight for CNJ/SNJ over the next few hours. This is just an initial burst with plenty more to come. It's going to be a long night! The statewide chance of holy crap has been raised to 20%. The chance of dude where's my car remains at 5% Radar image reproduced from PSU EWALL. Be safe! JC

1484192_10152153338613352_361442406_n.jp

It's fun watching the big plow trucks hit this kind of snow...it's a giant white cloud.

I'm curious if my blower will move this or if it just explodes into dust.   I was getting nearly 40 feet on the last snow...if i can get an epic blow with this stuff, I'll have to video it.

Storm Update: Heavy snow is about to blast CNJ/SNJ the hardest out of NJ. This mesoscale situation is evident by the starvation of moisture in PA and current mixing in SENJ (that will go to snow soon). For this reason the NWS has increased their expected totals to widespread 6-8 inches of snow. I think someone's going to see a foot in Ocean/Monmouth County. The chance of holy crap just went up to 30% Be safe! JC

1511263_10152153791368352_833477036_n.pn