EWC88

Correctional officer job

So I am looking at applying but can't seem to find application. I don't know if I'm looking at wrong place, but I keep getting put to another site with no help. Anyone here have experience with this and can help me out?

There is a full civil service test in the fall, nut unfortunately, registration is closed.  Next test will be annouced most likely in the fall of 2015, for a test early in 2016.  Keep an eye on the NJ civil service website.

http://www.state.nj.us/csc/seekers/jobs/announcements/

Best of luck, I've got 11 1/12 years in, and love it.

www.USAJOBS.gov

Search Bureau of Prisons

find Correctional Officer

Build your resume

Apply for FCI Fort Dix (central jersey) or FCI Fairton (South Jersey)

Starting salary at Fort Dix (NY locality Pay) for CO is like 43,595.  1 year probation, 3 weeks in GA for training. easy money.  State makes more money than us and promotes a little faster.  So that may be a better route if you wanna stay in Jersey.  If you dont mind relocating the Feds have over 100 prisons across the country for you to transfer too and are uilding more.  Good Luck

The academy is live-in in Sea Girt for 3 months or so at a salary of $34,000.

Base pay for state corrections is $40,039. It is now 30 years to retire. Max, which takes 11.5 years to get to, is $80,395.

You'd have to wait until the next civil service test if you have not taken the one this year. Usually 2 years between tests.

Good luck.

I guess you didn't follow the "hydrate" command.

I dunno if they did it with all the classes, or just mine, but our "hydrate" commands were few and far between.... we were told we should have hydrated the night before.

I dunno if they did it with all the classes, or just mine, but our "hydrate" commands were few and far between.... we were told we should have hydrated the night before.

My hydrate commands were "If your not pissing clear I will find out, I will own you, and you will die on my PT floor"

get on ur knees and grab the mouthwash!

with all the political favors, etc its the only way ur getting an LE job nowadays.

Dunno about that seeing as how I got hired 2 years ago without that and half of my classmen left and were hired by other departments without that