EWC88

Correctional officer job

I dunno if they did it with all the classes, or just mine, but our "hydrate" commands were few and far between.... we were told we should have hydrated the night before.

No they did the same with us, I did it to myself I didn't hydrate the day before, we ran 5 miles then the smoking session starting it was about 85 degrees outside I was just being stupid

State corrections has it's own test, county corrections is still part of the civil service test. I'm not sure when the next test is for either but, you can check on NJDOC.gov for state and NJ.gov for county (click on "Civil Service commission"). It's true that the benefits aren't what they used to be but it's still a good job with job with job security.

Somerset County no Vivaldi service test.... always looking... I know were down a handfull of officers now. 6 going to academy in a week and 10 retiring this year.... oh yeah mandatories up the kazoo..... if your interested in picticulars PM me... good luck brother...

What is the age restriction

In accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3307, a maximum entry age of 36 has been established for initial appointment to a position in a Bureau of Prisons institution. If you are above the maximum entry age and have prior federal law enforcement coverage, you MUST submit an SF-50 to verify prior coverage.

Qualified Preference Eligible Veterans may be exempt from meeting the maximum entry age of 37. Please refer to the Required Documents Section for the appropriate documentation to submit to validate veteran eligibility.

PM sent Kimber.

I thought of corrections because I have been interested in the police field, and thought this is something good to try out and if I like it stick with it and if not go to police and it'll always help on a job in that field.