MedicYeti

2014 Firearms Goals

Come to USANA indoor tomorrow and you can try mine, you'll lose sleep thinking about getting one lol.

I've shot them. Just don't have the itch for it yet. Maybe one day but I think my goals this year are

-buy a revolver in 38 or 357

-be able to hit a 12" target at 50 yards consistently

-buy a bolt action .308 and work on shooting 300yds

-do some type of build (don't know if it's modify an AK, build another AR or build a 1911)

I want:

1) to become proficient with all my handgun calibers (.22lr, .380, .38 sp, 357).

2) to train for mid-level shooting competition 

3) to keep going to the range 3x per month

4) to raise my chess rating (my favorite opening is the Kalashnikov)

I only have one goal and that is to be able to hit a target out to 1 mile . Me and my friends currently shoot out to 1500 yards rather consistently and I would love to be able to reach that other 260 yards!   Oh and i guess get more ammo because you can never have enough ammo right !?!

Jeremy @ GsdCoatings.com 732-722-2955

I want to shoot more. I haven't had trigger time in over a year. And I have to take my toys out and see what they can do.

I also want to finish my AR. I'm so close to being done, I just need the upper.

I also want to start buying ammo by the case. But it's so damn expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest goal for this year is to get involved in some competitive shooting and to get some carbine training. I have the bang sticks and booo-lits. I really only need a holster and mag carriers & pouches for a M&P45...gotta make that call to Bladetech.

I'm also on the hunt for...

1) A Smith & Wesson Model 19 with the target trigger, hammer & grips. A red ramp front sight would really seal the deal. I have my eye on a few GB listings ... ouch ...lol.... Smith made zillions of these things. How can they cost so much???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=387297639

2) Winchester '92 in 45 Colt. Twenty or 16 inch barrel, either would be fine. A large loop would be good, but the standard lever is cool too. There are a few listed on GB now....for ~1K...gulp...  but I paid that much for my 44Mag '92, so I guess that's what they go for. I just gotta bite the bullet and go for it I guess.

3) I'd like a 7.62 NATO AR rifle. The S&W M&P10 has my interest, but all the proprietary components and dimensions has me second guessing that choice. Meltzer's has one, but they want stupid money for it. Maybe a LaRue? Or maybe snap together something myself with a Mega Arms upper/lower set?

4) Another Luger. I have a DWM WWI bring back - fairly common. I'd like something from WWII now - probably a Mauser.

5) I have a finished AR lower sitting around waiting for a Bravo Co Keymod upper...waiting waiting waiting...

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SS410-18-SPR-KMR-KEYMOD-p/bcm-urg-18-ss410-kmr13.htm

6) Cimarron clone of the Colt 1860 Richards Type II cartridge conversion, 5.5" barrel, chambered in 45 Colt...

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/conversion-revolvers/1860-conversions/1860-conversions-1860-richards-type-ii/richards-transition-model-45-lc-5-1-2-in-ca9062.html

This year, I plan to finally shoot my bolt actions beyond 100 yards.  I expect to join a range with a 300+ yard range, or use PA public ranges to 300 yards.  While I don't expect a significant challenge for me at 300 yards with a .223, the .17HMR and .22LR seem like they should be a bit more of a challenge, and I am looking forward to that.

I hope to begin upgrading the rest of the optics I own.  My last range trip made it painfully obvious just how terrible my cheap scopes are compared to my Nikons.

I'm hoping to add a 12GA O/U, make it to more clay shoots, and turn more clays into dust.

I'm hoping to add a long range precision .308, though I'm not sure if this is something that will happen this year as things stand.  Plus, I need to master my bolt actions first.

I'd like to add at least one of the following to my collection: Sig P228, Sig P220, or Glock 20.

I really need to get both my hunting license, and FL+UT CCW.

Wouldn't mind working for an FFL, either...

1. Tavor hydrodipped in multicam

2. Buy 5-10 AR lowers.

3. Buy another case of pmags for the NC house. then Magblock and "pin" the bottom plate for use in NJ. (i have a mag obsession)

4. Maybe buy the Kriss vector (again) but this time the new enhanced version since the flimsy stock is what made me sell the other one.

5. KAC SR15 e3 14.5 with dimpled barrel will be bought FO SHO. lol

6. Need to start working on my ammo stock pile.

Secure a second, third and fouth job (possible look into child labor laws) for the money to afford all this shtuff.

1. Tavor hydrodipped in multicam

2. Buy 5-10 AR lowers.

3. Buy another case of pmags for the NC house. then Magblock and "pin" the bottom plate for use in NJ. (i have a mag obsession)

4. Maybe buy the Kriss vector (again) but this time the new enhanced version since the flimsy stock is what made me sell the other one.

5. KAC SR15 e3 14.5 with dimpled barrel will be bought FO SHO. lol

6. Need to start working on my ammo stock pile.

Secure a second, third and fouth job (possible look into child labor laws) for the money to afford all this shtuff.

Can you dip or coat a plastic gun?  If so I will just have mine done instead of buying another one in fde.  

What is this 14.5" sr15 you speak of?  that's the last ar on my "to buy" list, I checked off everything else already.

Can you dip or coat a plastic gun?  If so I will just have mine done instead of buying another one in fde.  

What is this 14.5" sr15 you speak of?  that's the last ar on my "to buy" list, I checked off everything else already.

They can hydrodip almost anything. Even wood, lol.  The Knights Armamanent sr15 in 14.5" barrel instead of the average 16". I have seen them on impact guns and gunbroker. They aren't that common but I have seen them. That being said, shot show had some good looks at the upcoming KAC rifles with Key mod stocks and that looks great too. we will see. No matter what I am getting a KAC added to the collection, Even if I have to sell my (baby) Seekins lower-custom build I did.

This year my plans are to shoot more often and take a few classes. I want to be very proficient with my XD sub compact AR both on their own and together.

I also want to introduce more people to shooting, maybe take a basic pistol instructor course towards the end of the year.

Also maybe acquire a .45 of some kind.

And be more active on the forum.

Be a MUCH better shot than I am right now. I'm pretty new so in spite of my ego I think it is safe to say that I suck. So if you want to rob my house just make sure to be more than 7 yards away. But don't really I don't want the holes in the wall...

Also decide on a myriad of things:

5.56 or 7.62

Bolt or semi

If semi then AR or M1a

Which 22lr rifle

Try to buy a 1911

Reloading?

But sadly probably no purchases, unless that 1911 just can't stop crying when I start walking out of the shop.