Sign in to follow this  
robs609

Need fingerprinting on fid change of address?

I moved about a year ago and never got around to changing my address on my fid. I have to deal with the njsp in my area. Today I dropped off my paperwork and documents. I also had to pay $20 online for the non-criminal records background check. My question is do I have to get re-fingerprinted for an address change?

The trooper told me he would try to send the app to Trenton without it but if it comes back I would have to get it done. I will be pretty upset if I have to spend more time and money on fingerprinting. Even though he was very professional he was not sure weather or not it had to be done.

Thanks

I did the change of address this year as well. They let me hold on to my old card and got all my info from the previous town. no prints required.

Wharton is pretty good i must say. Not the fastest but by no means the slowest. 5 weeks for my change of addy and i'm waiting on 2 -p2p now. about 3 weeks so far. Im sure the holidays

will add some time

I did the change of address this year as well. They let me hold on to my old card and got all my info from the previous town. no prints required.

Wharton is pretty good i must say. Not the fastest but by no means the slowest. 5 weeks for my change of addy and i'm waiting on 2 -p2p now. about 3 weeks so far. Im sure the holidays

will add some time

5 weeks is actually very good, I typically have to wait 5-7 months each time I apply for anything.

Did they make you turn in you original FID card?

If not - you can use you old one for the lower transaction.........

No they did not take my old one I still have it. So your saying it wont be an issue to use my fid that has a different address from my license on it? That would be great.

No they did not take my old one I still have it. So your saying it wont be an issue to use my fid that has a different address from my license on it? That would be great.

I think your FID and license address need to match for firearms, I don't think it matters for ammo.

Your FID and driver's license addresses matching only matters, if it matters to the FFL your dealing with. Some care if they match and others do not from my experience. Most dealers do ask that they both mach. I don't know what the law actually says about it, but I bet someone here does.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Your FID and driver's license addresses matching only matters, if it matters to the FFL your dealing with. Some care if they match and others do not from my experience. Most dealers do ask that they both mach. I don't know what the law actually says about it, but I bet someone here does. Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Does anyone know the law on this?

Thanks