Sign in to follow this  
fiddle

Detroit Chief of police says city safer with more guns....

Although Craig supports having more legal gun owners, he has also emphasized confiscating illegal weapons. On Thursday, he said that in Detroit, each time they take an illegal gun off the street, they've likely prevented a robbery or shooting down the line. He also supports banning assault weapons, regulating magazines and ammunition and enforcing tighter background checks at gun shows, according to the Detroit News.

I guess he would be an improvement for NJ, but that's some weird stuff. I only knowingly met one person that shared the same beliefs, although there are probably countless in reality.

I guess he would be an improvement for NJ, but that's some weird stuff. I only knowingly met one person that shared the same beliefs, although there are probably countless in reality.

If he goes full-retard pro gun I bet he'd be given the boot.

They should make much stricter laws against illegal guns! (And I'm not talking about a guy who legally owns a gun that holds one more round in the mag than a particular state allows ...I'm talking about somebody with an unregistered gun ...or one that comes back as being owned by someone else and they have no paperwork to show they own it.). Charge them as if they've already committed a crime! Leave us fine upstanding citizens alone - don't legislate us into criminals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should make much stricter laws against illegal guns! (And I'm not talking about a guy who legally owns a gun that holds one more round in the mag than a particular state allows ...I'm talking about somebody with an unregistered gun ...or one that comes back as being owned by someone else and they have no paperwork to show they own it.). Charge them as if they've already committed a crime! Leave us fine upstanding citizens alone - don't legislate us into criminals!

What is an "unregistered gun"? You realize, if someone moves here from another state, their firearms are not "registered"? Do you know that in most states, there are no pistol permits, no "registration" of handguns? You want to round up all of those "upstanding citizens"?

So, if I take my wifes 686 out of the safe instead of my 686, then I should be arrested and prosecuted? This is what the morons in Trenton have written into law. Think about re-wording your statement. I do agree with removing guns out of the hands of people that should not possess them, but unregistered guns are not illegal. Buy an 80% lower and finish building an AR out of it. It is not registered, yet is 100% legal to own. I think I know what you are trying to say, but your wording sounds like the typical left-winger typing it............

now this doesn't work because what happens to the guy that moved to this state and came from a state like MO where you don't need to keep a damn thing?  that would be an unregistered handgun.  Now what about that same guy not having his FID for a few years after moving here considering most people think you need the FID to even have a gun?

What is an "unregistered gun"? You realize, if someone moves here from another state, their firearms are not "registered"? Do you know that in most states, there are no pistol permits, no "registration" of handguns? You want to round up all of those "upstanding citizens"?

just saw this...sorry for the double post as I was reading down and answering.....

Actually it's 100% illegal.. that would fall under manufacturing a firearm, a No No in NJ with out the correct licensing.

Please show the statute so I don't get myself in trouble. I can not sell it, but can pass it down via inheritance.

that is already covered in my town and in my county (sheriff).....our guys support 2a all the way

Good to hear. But there has to be somebody that "needs removed" before you hit the Delaware Rvier, let alone a mayor that wants to facilitate CC all the way out in Detroit :)

Please show the statute so I don't get myself in trouble. I can not sell it, but can pass it down via inheritance.

I'm to tired to go digging for the statute but here is 1 of maybe 10 threads on this topic.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/43067-legality-of-building-a-weapon/

He was the former chief of Portland, Maine a place that police have been illegally detaining open carry individuals and are very anti- gun. Tread lightly around guys like this, I personally don't trust him.

+1 to that

You can't MAKE it here. Federally, you can';t transfer. Possession? I'm not a lawyer.