Sign in to follow this  
petros600

Are we entering a mini Ice-Age?

In Feb 2011, i attended a conference in Orlando, courtesy of one biggest REIT(Real Estate Investment Trust). The main speaker(CEO of the REIT) he told us the coming months they will start purchasing ski resorts cause the climate change will benefit them. He mention that in 2014, we will enter a mini ice age they expect to last 10-12 yrs.

Everybody laugh at the room that day cause we were in Orlando and outside was 85 degrees.

Today i was start looking more into that and i see plenty of people start mentioning the mini ice-age last year:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/little-ice-age-is-coming-in-2014-2585776.html

I think PK90 knew about this and that is one of the reason he moved to AZ.

Global temperatures have been trending down for 15 years.   Despite the headlines  "hottest 4 years ever", you have to read the fine print and watch how they have to contort to get that headline.  Basically they're just lying.  The global warming gravy train is a great place to feed upon, it must not be assailed.

Recently, in case you missed it, there was this tour, heading to Antarctica to follow in the footsteps of an Antarctic explorer Douglas Mawson.    Mawson landed on Antarctica just over 100 years ago and barely made it back, losing a few crew members.   This tour group was going to document how Global Warming savaged the continent, by landing in the same place as Mawson.   Many media outlets hailed the journey.  It was a spectacular media affair.  Drinking, Christmas parties, even an Australian senator on board.  

One problem however, they couldn't get to Mawson's landing.   In fact, they couldn't get anywhere near it and they ended up trapped in the ice.

You know, the headlines?   "Scientists trapped in Ice, Chinese Ice breakers on the way" or maybe even "Research Vessel trapped in Antarctic ice"...etc.  The media outlets trumpeting the global warming horn, clammed up about the "scientists" on the global warming tour, once they were jammed up in the ice.   The scientists included wives, children, businessmen, etc.  Anyone who could pony up the 8k fee.

It's summer in Antarctica and just like any Global Warming nitwit, one fool even proclaimed 'The extent of the ice is proof of global warming'. 

We'll be a frozen hulk with thousands of feet of glaciers on us before these idiots will admit they were wrong.

Reminded me of this:lol:

e5egynyt.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

If you read my story above...I was referring to these idiots.  They were NOT scientists.  They were tourists, heading to the wounded land to survey the evil of man...only to be thwarted by unprecedented levels of ice.

I don't know whether or not anthropogenic global warming is occurring. The only thing I know is the people that say it is have been wrong about every prediction they've made, and the people studying solar cycles have been right about every prediction they've made for the last 20 years. Yes, it's going to get colder. Long term, I have no idea. Except that there will be ice ages and warming periods with whatever affect we will or won't have over that factored in as well.

Reminded me of this:lol:

e5egynyt.jpg

That's not climate, that's weather.

The ships getting stuck is not a story. The story is that 98% of media reports did not mention it was an expedition to document thinning ice as evidence of global warming. The ships getting stuck does not refute that, but the media response tells us exactly what is going on here.

If you read my story above...I was referring to these idiots. They were NOT scientists. They were tourists, heading to the wounded land to survey the evil of man...only to be thwarted by unprecedented levels of ice.

I read it. Guess the guy captioning the picture didn't. What a bunch of tools. I cant understand what the attraction of heading to Antarctica would be. I would have to be pretty bored for that trip. Whatever science is in Antarctica can stay there.

I don't know whether or not anthropogenic global warming is occurring. The only thing I know is the people that say it is have been wrong about every prediction they've made, and the people studying solar cycles have been right about every prediction they've made for the last 20 years. Yes, it's going to get colder. Long term, I have no idea. Except that there will be ice ages and warming periods with whatever affect we will or won't have over that factored in as well.

Everything I've read indicates that when they've been wrong its been it has been because they were conservative in their estimate and that warming, or the impact, has been worse then they predicted... or new techniques have come around that allows them to better estimate..  For Example

Don't confuse Weather with Climate.  It's cold in NJ today, therefore Global Warming must be fake!

True or not...... isn't it better to leave this planet in a better condition for our kids and grandkids? Regardless of politics, religion or science, how about for legacy or longevity or just human compassion and consideration. True hunters understand the value of conservation; what are you gonna hunt when the animals all die off or go elsewhere searching for their food, water or shelter!

Just sayin

True or not...... isn't it better to leave this planet in a better condition for our kids and grandkids? Regardless of politics, religion or science, how about for legacy or longevity or just human compassion and consideration. True hunters understand the value of conservation; what are you gonna hunt when the animals all die off or go elsewhere searching for their food, water or shelter!

Just sayin

I think because environmentalism has been long attributed to liberal ideology (correct or not), many people here would rather spite the environment to feel like they're fighting "the man". It's kind of like those people who eat extra meat in the presence vegetarians to "compensate".

I don't know enough about geology to judge the merits of anthropogenic climate change, and neither do 95% of the people who passionately cling to one side or another. In the absence of expertise, I have no choice but to rely on the conclusions of those who are experts, with the allowance that academics by nature tend toward the left-wing.

If anyone knows of a source debunking of climate change geared toward someone with a sound scientific and mathematical background, I'd love to see it.

I don't know enough about geology to judge the merits of anthropogenic climate change, and neither do 95% of the people who passionately cling to one side or another. In the absence of expertise, I have no choice but to rely on the conclusions of those who are experts, with the allowance that academics by nature tend toward the left-wing.

If anyone knows of a source debunking of climate change geared toward someone with a sound scientific and mathematical background, I'd love to see it.

Look up Richard Lizden or John Chrisy.  There are plenty more, but from a hard science point of view, those guys are as solid as it gets.

It's called winter in the Northeast.  Man up.  :)

But really, what was the climate like 2 billion years ago?  500 million years ago?  50 million years ago?  I love the entire "It's the coldest day in recorded history!!!" hyperbole when "recorded history" is one grain of sand on all the beaches in the world.....

Trying to predict the climate based on the last few thousands years worth of scientific data is like looking at the first snow flake with a microscope on the very top of an iceberg and trying to determine how big the entire iceberg is.  This planet has gone thronugh various hot, cold, wet and dry spells.  it will continue to do so and we won't be able to predict any one them except through 20/20 hindsight.   

I'm no scientist but I often wonder how the creation of our great cities has effected the rotation of the globe.  Think about it.  Up until fairly "modern" times all the natural materials were pretty much where they were.  Take a ball, attach a string to it and spin it.  This is the Earth and it's rotation.  Now, take some of the "material" from one area of the the ball / "Earth" and move it in mass amounts to all different areas .....our great cities, all oil drilled out of the ground, etc, etc.  Spin the ball / Earth again....did the rotation change slightly?  Could a slight change in the rotation of the Earth's axis due to the mass movements of materials slightly change the rotation of the planet and possible effect the tides, the weather, etc, etc??  I realize it's a big ass planet but we've moved A LOT of stuff around the past few thousand years.

Just sayin

Absolutely right, but the proposed fixes (limiting carbon emissions, at great economic cost) to a phony problem (global warming caused by carbon emissions) will 1) do nothing whatsoever to leave our planet in a better state and 2) harm the environment because it detracts from other much more pressing (and real) environmental problems.  Over-fishing and pollution of the oceans are a huge problem -- perhaps #1.  Wild fish stocks are being rapidly depleted and within a matter of a decade or so we may find that we are eating catfish sushi instead of tuna.  Air pollution and water pollution are still huge problems in many parts of the world.  Rain-forest destruction and destruction of other irreplaceable natural habitats.  Over-development right here in the US.  Mercury emissions and poisoning.  Those are all problems that can and should be addressed.  There are serious questions as to whether global warming is occurring at all, and even more serious questions about whether such warming is caused by man or by natural cycles.  We have much more important, and real, environmental issues to deal with.

Absolutely right, but the proposed fixes (limiting carbon emissions, at great economic cost) to a phony problem (global warming caused by carbon emissions) will 1) do nothing whatsoever to leave our planet in a better state and 2) harm the environment because it detracts from other much more pressing (and real) environmental problems.  Over-fishing and pollution of the oceans are a huge problem -- perhaps #1.  Wild fish stocks are being rapidly depleted and within a matter of a decade or so we may find that we are eating catfish sushi instead of tuna.  Air pollution and water pollution are still huge problems in many parts of the world.  Rain-forest destruction and destruction of other irreplaceable natural habitats.  Over-development right here in the US.  Mercury emissions and poisoning.  Those are all problems that can and should be addressed.  There are serious questions as to whether global warming is occurring at all, and even more serious questions about whether such warming is caused by man or by natural cycles.  We have much more important, and real, environmental issues to deal with.

Exactly right.

I'm all for conservation.   Charging more for electricity so that 'carbon offsets' can be purchased on a carbon trading market does absolutely zero in conserving anything.   Enron was a big proponent of establishing a carbon trading market, because they knew they'd be able to fleece the public and enrich themselves.   The companies selling offsets are often scams in and of themselves, promising to plant trees, build windmills and solar centers and in the end, doing nothing at all except giving themselves big bonuses.   All this for a trace gas that's essential to life and is already saturated in its ability to retain heat.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but there are two spectrum ranges of IR it can "trap".   Once the CO2 traps ALL of that spectrum coming from the sun, adding more CO2 does NOTHING to retain more heat.  

However, if you look at the solar cycle and compare it to global temperatures, you'll find it tracks it, exactly and perfectly.    The problem is, the government can't control the sun, so they double down on CO2. 

I recalled reading somewhere that a single fairly recent volcanic eruption - maybe Mt. Pinatubo? - had contributed more greenhouse gas to the environment than that created by man in the entirety of human history. 

Mother Nature is a b**** and she does not even notice us. About every 500 million year there has been an event which basically sterilizes the surface of the earth and life evolves anew from the ocean. We are probably overdue. 

I recalled reading somewhere that a single fairly recent volcanic eruption - maybe Mt. Pinatubo? - had contributed more greenhouse gas to the environment than that created by man in the entirety of human history. 

Mother Nature is a b**** and she does not even notice us. About every 500 million year there has been an event which basically sterilizes the surface of the earth and life evolves anew from the ocean. We are probably overdue. 

No, Pinatubo didn't produce that much CO2 at all.  It produced a bunch of fine particulate, sulfuric gas, and a host of other gases and materials.  It did cool the Earth for a period of time because sunlight was reflected back to space by the immense clouds it produced.

1) I  am all for research but science by nature should be trying to prove the null void not the other way around 2) follow the money (i.e. be skeptical of those that have an economic interest to further an hypothesis 3)  You never observe climatic change, it occurs over 1000 of years (as stated above climate is not weather 4) Finally pursuing policy has serious economic impact - Not talking about the profits of "Big Oil" but the kind of policies that lose jobs for the average joe (see the decimation of coal workers).

IMHO - WR