plumbshotsam

Hello from Scotch Plains, nice to find like minded new friends!

Welcome, there is a range that is pretty close to you near bridgewater, but good luck getting into that place. I've been waiting for almost 2 years.

What range is that? I've lived in BW for 25 years. Never knew there was a range nearby

Hey Glenn, and all,

Just heard from a dealer in Seattle that he just shipped my brand new Ruger GP 100 357 mag Match Champion!!!! I was bidding them on gunbroker and managed to get this one for $699.00 plus $25.00 shipping. Now all I need is my P2P's to come through from the town!!

I am using a new FFL dealer in Edison, Precision Firearms who has a really good price on transfers. ($35.00) He also does Cerakoting and Durakoting from a shop he has set up in his garage. I was over ther to see it last week, pretty impressive results on the Cerakoting.

Hey Glenn, apparently, my last reply got lost. Dan Boslet is in Edison just off Route 1 and Old Post Road. Just picked up my new Ruger Match Champion there Thursday.  ($35.00 for an FFL transfer INCLUDING NCIC check!!!)  PrecisionFirearms.com  Was at the range Monday morning and the new baby shoots great!!!

Hey there Westfield Law, my new best friend :nyam:    (especially, if you guest me at OBRPC!!!)  

Thanks.  I did look into Old Bridge but it was a bit more  $$$ than I wanted to give up with the bond. I shoot regularly at Heritage Easton, 45 minutes door to door.  All us "local boys" keep hinting about getting together for a social meet one of these days! Looks like quite a few guys around this area.

Hey there Westfield Law, my new best friend :nyam:    (especially, if you guest me at OBRPC!!!)  

Thanks.  I did look into Old Bridge but it was a bit more  $$$ than I wanted to give up with the bond. I shoot regularly at Heritage Easton, 45 minutes door to door.  All us "local boys" keep hinting about getting together for a social meet one of these days! Looks like quite a few guys around this area.

count me in.

There seems to be a lack of ranges in Middlesex county.  I am in Edison by Scotch Plains, a local range would be excellent!  I have been to GunforHire a few times and usually go to Fort Dix but really want to find a local indoor range.  Lake Island seems to be a good location.  

Can't understand why you people from Scotch Plains and Fanwood don't want to shoot with me close by for nothing.

The folks at Lake Island are a great group, looking forward to finishing my application and learning from the more experienced members.  

I took john fox up on his invite about a year ago. Lake island is a great club! I've learned more and meet more knowledgable people in the last year then most people will meet in a life time. The club is very laid back no waiting EVER! The people there are willing to spend time with any member to help and critic in your progress if you need it. I realize I wasn't the normal shooter and had everything to learn but never had to wait long before someone would help. I also belong to EFGA and shoot rifle almost every weekend so for me as far as places go I can't ask for anything else.

HeyJohn,

Just a quick thanks for guesting me at Lake Island. Nice facility, even though a bit old, and seems like a nice bunch of guys. I will be completing my application for admission and will get it to you. 10 miles and 22 minutes door to door from my home in Scotch Plains.

Dave

Real life "Monuments Man" to speak at Watchung Regional Hgh School.  Though since you are a stones through away I would let you know.  I also started a link in the "General" fourm.

http://baskingridge.patch.com/groups/announcements/p/harry-ettlinger-real-monuments-man-to-speak-at-whrhs