ogfarmer

Judge Rules NJ Towns Can NOT Arbitrarily Add Additional Requirements for Gun Permits

Hmm my town is still requiring an information waiver. Now how do I prove that my police chief received... certified mail with a return receipt? No...I'd say email, but I don't know how I'd prove the attachment's contents. I'm sure he will not comply. He's quite an obnoxious, pretentious, and condescending fellow. Offical misconduct would suit him well.

Jeremy, thank you for your time, patience, money spent, and faith for this cause. Donation to help fight the good fight will be sent out.

Hey Chris, what about talking to your mayor? Do you think he's the type that would tell the chief to follow the law?

Maybe a threat to bring suit against the town for not complying with a judges order.

If I were in this situation, I'd request a face-to-face meeting with the CLEO.  Go in with the correct attitude.  (Be nice!!!!  You catch more flies with honey than you do with shit...)  Start off by saying something like, "I'd like to discuss the additional documents that you require..."  If the CLEO gets defensive or insists that it's law or policy, maintain the nice attitude.  Bring two hard copies (printouts) of the ruling for you two to discuss.  If that's not enough, ask them who you should talk to next like the chief municipal administrator or the mayor.  Don't be an ass and be prepared to walk away.  Be courteous and make sure to thank them for their time!!!

Hmmm, the case of the missing case? Lucky its still quoted in the first post. Or is it?http://www.scribd.com/doc/197319250/Jeremy-Perez-vs-Patterson-NJ-for-a-Firearms-Purchaser-Identification-Card

Actually you can still view it via the Ammoland link above

anyone got the .pdf? I'm not real keen on signing up for yet one more service simply to download it. On the up side, if someone wants to send me a copy, I'll put it up and post a link unencumbered by any signup requirement so folks cna print it out at whim. 

anyone got the .pdf? I'm not real keen on signing up for yet one more service simply to download it. On the up side, if someone wants to send me a copy, I'll put it up and post a link unencumbered by any signup requirement so folks cna print it out at whim. 

Attached.

197319250-Jeremy-Perez-vs-Patterson-NJ-for-a-Firearms-Purchaser-Identification-Card.pdf

The wife and I took the first steps course at Gun for hire beginning of March. At the beginning of class we introduced ourselves. We were lucky enough to have Jeremy in out class. Thank you for taking a stand.

Update from the Nappen firm - Jeremy Perez received his FID.

Yup. You'd figure waiting 2 years for FID and permits I'd have an idea of what my first firearm would be, still have no idea.

The wife and I took the first steps course at Gun for hire beginning of March. At the beginning of class we introduced ourselves. We were lucky enough to have Jeremy in our class. Thank you for taking a stand.

:) You're welcome. 

Yup. You'd figure waiting 2 years for FID and permits I'd have an idea of what my first firearm would be, still have no idea.

:) You're welcome. 

Thats pretty funny, lol-thanks for hanging in there and making a stand.

Each respective NJ town will just arbitraily keep, this grid of common sense regulatory matrix of sensible regulations in place still due to long standing public safety interests, so they can still overule judge.

Ohhh......judge smudge.