Sign in to follow this  
n4p226r

which handgun do you prefer

106 members have voted

1. 1. do you prefer striker fired or guns with a hammer?

• striker
    • hammer
  2. 2. whats your favorite striker fired platform

• glock
    • XD
    • M&P
    • other
  3. 3. what is you favorite hammer gun

• revolver
    • sig da/sa
    • sig DAK
    • beretta da/sa
    • other SAO w/safety
    • HK LEM
    • HK DA/SA
    • S&W DA/SA
    • other

take a second to vote in the poll.  i've always been a fan of the sig DA/SA line, but sometimes wonder if i would be better served with one of the striker fired guns.  lower bore axis.  same trigger pull.  all that.  i tried the HK again today and just dont like it.  but im wondering what everyone else prefers.  also, if you pick one, let us know the model and caliber in your comments and intended use. 

for me.  i like a 9mm sig da/sa with SRT.  thats what ive shot the most and am most comfortable with.

Unless you want to get a Smith & Wesson M&P, I would not try one, especially with an Apex trigger job. 

Unless you want to get a Smith & Wesson M&P, I would not try one, especially with an Apex trigger job. 

ive actually shot both the 9 and 45 and liked them a lot.  im so inaccurate of a shooter though that unless i hate the gun, i have no way of telling whats better. 

So, I started about 2 years ago with the SIG P229R with SRT, then got a CZ SP-01.  I'm not sure if it's the reload or what, but I'm more accurate with the CZ.  I do like the SIG trigger better because its a "clean" wall then break, vs. the CZ, more like pull and not sure when it will break.  But, once again I'm more accurate with the CZ. go figure.

I also have a M&P9c with APEX forward sear and trigger kit and a PPQ M2.  The Apex is pretty sweet but the PPQ stock is pretty nice also.  I think I like the PPQ trigger better.

Lately I've started to debate if striker fire is just "better" for me, because of consistent pull vs. DA/SA, plus it's a bit lighter due to the frame.

LOL ... sorry but I probably didn't help you in deciding because I'm confused myself!!!!   :D

My favorite handgun is my XD-45 5".  It has a big grip and fits perfectly in my big hands. 

The hammer gun I enjoy shooting the most is my Ruger P-94 40. 

I like my 1911, I like my Glock, I like my M&P and I like my wheelguns, but I like the XD and Ruger more. 

Personal Pefrence

I'm rather new to shooting but I like the trigger on my Ruger GP100 very much. It isn't too heavy or too light and I know just where it is going to break in double action.

I also have a CZ75 in 9mm and it isn't bad either.

I'm more accurate with the CZ on the range but more comfortable with the GP100 as a home defense gun. I'm not a horrible shot with the GP100 but feel more confident with the control I have over it. A large part of that feeling comes from the smooth trigger and knowing when I'm comimg close to the brake and being confident that I can back off the brake if need be.

I've rented the Beretta Storm and it was decent. I also tried another forum member's Walther PPQ. It felt very nice in my hand but has a very, very
light trigger pull. It would make a great range / target gun but I wouldn't be comfortable with it as my HD gun.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I tried (very briefly) the Taurus 92 (the Berreta 92FS clone) and found the trigger to be very, very heavy. At first I thought I had left the safety on or had a jam. It was that heavy!

I also tried a EAA Witness Match not too long ago. It is hammered fired, single action only (SAO) and has a very nice trigger with a clean, crisp break. Recoil was very smoothe for a 9mm.

I can't really choose a favorite- I change my mind as the wind blows, but I only own one striker fired pistol.  My 5.7 really feels like a great striker fired trigger though, despite have a hammer.  I think out of all my pistol, my HK P30 has the worst trigger.

You are all fools my FNX 45 is the best shooting. I may be a little biased since it is mine, my first pistol and also my only pistol but whatever.

I think I like the idea of hammer fired. I had tried a M&P 9mm and that was a terrible mushy messs of a trigger. But it was a rental so I could be persuaded that is the reason.

I did try a revolver recently. S&W 686. Heavy pistol. Super light single action tigger pull. Really really nice. Annnnd now I will need one of those. But probably after a rifle first.

I need a much bigger wallet...

KCCO

Jim

Smith and Wesson 625JM 45acp revolver.  I use it for recreational and competitive shooting.  I love it.  

C

I still need to christen mine... guhhh work sucks.. I did change out the grip to a hogue.

By far my most favorite is my 1911, my M9A1 is in second place, the 625 is probably gonna blow them all out of the water once i get to shoot it. The SA on the 625 is feather light.

So, I started about 2 years ago with the SIG P229R with SRT, then got a CZ SP-01.  I'm not sure if it's the reload or what, but I'm more accurate with the CZ.  I do like the SIG trigger better because its a "clean" wall then break, vs. the CZ, more like pull and not sure when it will break.  But, once again I'm more accurate with the CZ. go figure.

I also have a M&P9c with APEX forward sear and trigger kit and a PPQ M2.  The Apex is pretty sweet but the PPQ stock is pretty nice also.  I think I like the PPQ trigger better.

Lately I've started to debate if striker fire is just "better" for me, because of consistent pull vs. DA/SA, plus it's a bit lighter due to the frame.

LOL ... sorry but I probably didn't help you in deciding because I'm confused myself!!!!   :D

Not being sure when it will break, will keep you from anticipating recoil and flinching. 

Someone once said the best are the ones where the shot surprises you.