Scorpio64

$60.00 Forged Upper Receiver

It seems like a good deal.  The price is fantastic but I have no knowledge of this manufacturer.

New Alexandria PRO FAB A3 Flattop 7075-T6 Aluminum Forged Upper Receiver machined to military specifications. Features and an attractive black hard anodized finish with dry film lubrication, engraved T markings and M4 feed ramps. The perfect start to a great build.

AIM Surplus

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPF12973012&name=ALEXANDRIA+PRO+FAB+A3+Forged+Upper+Receiver&groupid=587

Have they already started sending stuff to NJ?

Based on this I had a feeling (that might be wrong, of course) that they basically blocked any AR-related shipments to NJ "until further notice"...

But would be good if I'm wrong.

Based on this I had a feeling (that might be wrong, of course) that they basically blocked any AR-related shipments to NJ "until further notice"...

It was/is just lower receivers.

Is there a problem with AIM doing business with NJ?  I checked the website and it says they require a copy of the NJ FID and that's all.  Nothing about not shipping to NJ.

Is there a problem with AIM doing business with NJ?  I checked the website and it says they require a copy of the NJ FID and that's all.  Nothing about not shipping to NJ.

Sorry, partially my wrong.

To answer a question - well, seems yes and no. But afaik they still don't sell any lowers to NJ residents, so to this extent it is definitely a problem as they sometimes have some nice deals.

FWIW, Bravo has demo complete uppers (may be some scratches or marks) for $75.  You assemble FA and port cover.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper-Receiver-Assembly-M4-Flat-Top-demo-p/flat%20top%20-upper%20-m4%20demo.htm

If you are like me and don't give a crap about a few nicks or dings, you KNOW you are going to get a quality item from BCM.  I bought one of these a few months back.  I couldn't find anything wrong w. it.

I'd rather not take a chance on a manufacturer I know nothing about. 

I bought two of the Bravo Company uppers when they were $99. Both came with no blemishes at all. Reading the reviews, it seems that over 90% of the people that bought them are happy. A couple of people had uppers with blems they could notice. Luck of the draw, but odds are in your favor